Friday, June 27, 2008

No go for Michigan Football Survivor

Do you think Big Ten coaches get to relax and watch a little Prime Time TV with their families? I doubt it. In fact, I'm not sure the former Michigan coaching staff even watched other football games.

The Big Ten Network in all it's glory needs to fill in a ton of air time during the week and at night. They need fresh new ideas and what's selling these days? Reality TV.

Can you imagine it now? Zook vs RR in Fear Factor or behind the scenes cameras at Tressel's home (I'm sure he would be more entertaining then Ozzy!, I can hear it now, where is my gray vest! I need my gray vest!). What about the comedy styling's of Joe Tiller? How about a TV show called, "Where the hell is the remote" starring the absent minded professor JoPa.

These ideas are network TV gold and I can't think of any better people to put on camera then Big Ten Coaches. They are the most lovable people on earth.

Well, the BTN shot down my ideas and went for a behind the scenes look at the Illinois football program with Ron Zook. It's going to be called: Illinois Football: The Journey and it will air for 10-13 episodes starting on September 2nd. RR had a chance to do the show and turned it down. I was told by a insider that Barwis training methods were deemed not appropriate for Prime Time viewers.

Look for Journey shows titled: No I'm the Juice not OJ, Pete Carroll is a genius, How did we make it to the Rose Bowl?, We beat the Buckeyes did you?, We can teach RR about the spread! We are part of the Zook Nation, and I bet Florida wishes I was still their head coach!

Got to love the BTN! Coming to a Comcast Cable box near you!

No comments: