Monday, April 27, 2009

Did Michigan get its 10th Commitment for 2010 over the weekend?

Well, the answer is yes and no. Like I mentioned last week, Michigan has some 100 scholarship offers out all over the country for roughly 11 or less spots next year. So sometimes when you go fishing with a big net you get fish that you "might" want to throw back.

Travis Williams a corner back from Cooper City, FL ( 5"10, 170 lbs) committed to the Wolverines this past weekend but the Wolverine coaches told him to wait a couple weeks. Travis mostly returned kicks, played WR, and CB his junior year. He had 5 picks at corner and had 6 touchdowns for 425 total yards at WR.

Here is part of an interview with Travis from TomVh at Mgoblog:

TOM: So are you officially committed, or just high on Michigan?
TRAVIS: I'm committed. I talked to Coach Rodriguez today, and told him the news. They just told me to call him back after the Spring. He wants me to make sure that I made the right decision, and not make a bad move.
TOM: So what was the final aspect that made you make your choice?
TRAVIS: Just everything really. It was just incredible. The Big House, the locker room, and the practice facility. It was just amazing. Once I saw all that, it just put me over the edge.


There has also been some question on his speed. Here is how he responded to that:

TOM: Where did they say they see you playing? I recently saw on Scout that you run a 4.9 40, is that accurate?
TRAVIS: They want to use me as a cornerback. They like my stride, and my overall speed. I need to talk to those guys, because that is definitely not right. I ran a 4.49, a 4.56, and a 4.7 at all the combines. The 4.7 was when I was injured too. So, that's definitely not right.

So to net it out for you: Travis is holding offers from Miami of Ohio and Kansas State at the moment. I think Michigan wants him to hold the phone for a couple months to see how the recruiting process goes for the Wolverines and Travis.




  • Hello UMass? Michigan is in negotiations with UMass to open the 2010 season at the Big House. Sounds like UMass is interested: “We’d like to, we want to, and we’re looking into it,” said UMass spokesman Jason Yellin. It seems the only thing holding up the contract is the buyout if Michigan decides to cancel the game. They should work something out for the basketball teams as well.

  • If you missed it on Sunday: Terrance Taylor went to the Indianapolis Cots in the 4th Round and Morgan Trent went to the Cincinnati Bengals in the 6th round. TT will join Mike Hart and Marlin Jackson on the Colts and Morgan Trent will join fellow CB Leon Hall, Chris Perry and Dhani Jones on the Bengals.

No comments: