So that was a unique weekend. Michigan played well is spurts and not so well at other times. MSU is clearly playing to their potential and was more physical then Wolverines in the championship game. It seems the Wolverines have trouble finding "their legs" when playing 3 games in 3 days.
Now on to the next step on the ladder.
Michigan plays Wofford who started the year 3-7 but won the Southern Conference Championship as a 3 seed.
So how do we see Michigan playing in the NCAA?
If Michigan hits 3's they play well. If they don't they don't. Michigan's defense is not strong enough to beat big physical teams that have a number of low post players. Michigan will really miss McGary after Wofford. Michigan couldn't buy a rebound yesterday.
I like Michigan all the way to Duke, both teams have already played this year with Duke not having much trouble with the Wolverines in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Duke will give the Wolverines a challenge but the young Wolverines could sneak out a win on a neutral floor.
Here are my keys for success in the tournament:
- More motion on offense. Too much standing around for someone to hit a 3.
- Find a little low post game
- More 1-3-1
- Have to shoot lights out
- Morgan and Horford have to stay out of foul trouble
It starts at 7:10 on Thursday.
- The football team had a scrimmage on Saturday. Here are some highlights/lowlights if your worried about the offense line.
- Speaking of the offense line, there are rumors that 5th year Alabama Center Chad Lindsay who started some games last year due to injuries to other guys might be transferring to Michigan. He is no longer on Bama's roster and will be transferring to another team. Since he is a 5th transfer he will not have to sit out a year.