Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wolverine Wednesday: Thank Goodness That is Over

In one of the strangest recruitments ever, Malik McDowell sent in his LOI to MSU last night.   I wish him good luck but his college career sure has gotten off to a strange start. 

  • Mlive's Nick Baumgardner tweeted out that Freddy Canteen is running with the one's during practice.  He also quoted Freddy as saying he might be the fastest player on the team.  Freddy was known as a great route runner but not exactly a speed guy, so hearing he is fast is a nice upside.  I take this news a little differently then the Mason Cole news from yesterday, WR's can make an impact as a freshman and should if they are very talented.   I guess we have a couple more reasons to watch the Spring Game on Saturday.

  • Northville's QB/Safety Joey Hewlett has agreed to walk-on to the Wolverines this fall.  

  • Desmond and the photographer who took the "Hello Heisman" photo finally reached an agreement on how to handle the copyright.

  • Hagerup talks about his suspension and being back with the team: “I think of it as a part of me growing up,” Hagerup said on his suspension. “I think everybody goes through, especially a time like this when you’re in college you go through ups and downs. For me it just so happen to be more public, but I am proud of what I accomplished on the field. I’m not proud of some of things I have done off the field. But I think both were necessary to bring me to where I am today.”

  • MSU's opener against Jacksonville State has been moved to Friday Night Aug.29.  Jacksonville State finished ranked 10th in the FCS last year.  

No comments: