Monday, June 23, 2014

Michigan Monday: The Freshmen Are In Town


Per Mgoblog here are the freshmen's new numbers:

Ian Bunting
94
TE
Juwann Bushell-Beatty
76
OL
Freddy Canteen
17
WR
Mason Cole
52
OL
Michael Ferns
51
LB
Noah Furbush
59
LB
Drake Harris
14
WR
Lawrence Marshall
93
DE
Bryan Mone
90
DT
Brady Pallante
54
DT
Jabrill Peppers
5
DB
Wilton Speight
19
QB
Jared Wangler
19
LB
Brandon Watson
28
DB
Maurice Ways
85
WR
Chase Winovich
58
LB


Also to note:  Ty Isaac will wear the A-Train's #32

Countess will wear #2 this season.  Good for him!

Here are some comments from the freshman (warning Freep link):

Ways on watching practice: What are the changes in Michigan’s offense under new coordinator Doug Nussmeier? Just practice-wise. Coach Nussmeier, he’s a perfectionist. He’s very high-tempo, very energetic and during practice it has a faster tempo to it now. Guys are more energetic, guys are more upbeat and the offense is faster and smooth

Wangler:   Are you getting better advice from your brother Jack and Shane or your dad? “Probably Jack for the most part. My dad played back when Bo (Schembechler) was the coach, they played old-school football. My dad gives me advice everyday about playing and giving 100% everyday. But Jack is also giving me advice because he’s there right now, with school, what classes to take, what to do, what not to do. ... (My dad) thinks he knows everything but he doesn’t realize he was there 100 years ago.”

Peppers: Are you promised to start? “Not necessarily. They just told me right now there’s a couple battles that are undecided and I’ve just got to come in and work if I want those spots. As far as offense goes, I don’t think that I’m going to be playing offense right away, maybe later in my career. For now, they just want me to perfect my technique, keep perfecting my craft, learn the defensive scheme and what coach (Greg) Mattison is trying to do before they start moving me around. It’s definitely going to be defensive-focused but I definitely am going to battle for a couple special team jobs.” 


Bushell-Beatty:  Have you remade your body? You could say that. ... During the All-American Game I weighed in at 350. Now I’m down to 315. Just determination and focus. I knew I had to do. The biggest thing for me was, I’m not going to go into college overweight. That’s not what I was going for. I want to go and be efficient.”


  • 4 star DB Marcus Lewis is planning to visit Michigan in July.  He is currently committed to Florida.

No comments: