Monday, August 11, 2014

Michigan Monday: Updates News From The Weekend

  • Blake Countess with a groin and Mario Ojemudia with an ankle have been kept out of a few practices.

  • Drake Harris now has two bad hamstrings, it looks like he is headed for a redshirt.

  • Ross Douglass moved from DB to RB last season.  He is on the move again and will now focus his talents at slot WR. 

  • Depth at RB right now per Brady Hoke is: Johnson 1A, Smith 1B and Green 2.   I think many of us expected that to be flipped.   We will see what it looks likes in two weeks.

  • One of the top players in the 2016 class RB Kareem Walker visited Ann Arbor for a quick visit this weekend“I definitely liked it up there,” Walker said. “I couldn’t stay at Michigan for that long.  My coach had to get back (home).  He had to take care of some business so we had to come back a little bit early. But I was definitely liking being around the staff.  We were walking around and I felt comfortable with them." Kareem is also friends with Jabrill:  “I was chilling with my boy,” Walker said with a smile that came through the phone.  “He said he’s loving it up there.  He is real comfortable.  He likes it.”

  • Big House Blog reader Mike Andrews is doing a documentary on he and his son first trip to the Big House from Texas.   If your interested in helping them out, please visit his kick starter site.  He is also looking for advice on what to do for two days in A2.   I'm guessing the advice to eat at Zingerman's over/under is about 100 recommendations!  Good Luck Mike and the Big House on Game Day is something special!!   Here is my advice, get there early, tailgate a bit, get in the gate early, walk around the stadium and then go in, watch warm ups and the largest stadium in the US fill up with 100,000+ people.   Getting there early will allow you and your son to go down to the first row and get a great view of the players warming up.  Your son will love it!

  • Looks like Michigan will wear Blue and Blue for the Penn State game.  I hate when they mess with tradition.  I know the players like it but for my money if they were going to make a change, I like the practice jerseys.  Here are the new jerseys for UTL:
image

No comments: