Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Michigan Tuesday: Are We Getting Close?

The internet is starting to spin Jimmy to Michigan rumors.   Is anything final yet? I doubt it but I love the way this is trending.   Here is what the internet is spinning:

  • The offer is for 8 years and $49 Million
  • The staff could be DJ Durkin as DC, Andy Moeller & Ty Wheatly as Co-OC.  DJ Durkin was Florida's DC last year and worked for Jimmy at Stanford.
  • There was some reports that Jimmy texted Andy:  that it was time to get the band back together and to do it for Bo.   
  • The breaking rumors come from The Detroit Sports Rag and Gregg Henson last night.
  • Jeff Moss from the Detroit Sports Rag seems to get his information from Jim Brandstatter.  Gregg Henson also knows Brandstatter well.
Here is Jeff's tweet from last night:
There is someone EXTREMELY connected to the Michigan program who is blarghing to everyone that Harbaugh to U of M is a done deal.

What isn't a rumor is that Les Miles withdrew his name from consideration from the Michigan job last night.   Which leads me to believe there is some truth in the above information. 

  • Darrin Kirkland Jr. has committed to Tennessee, can't blame the kid when Michigan doesn't have a head coach.  I wish he had waited another week or so.

  • Taylor Lewan gets 12 months probation for his altercation after the OSU game last year.

  • OSU OC Tom Herman has accepted the HC position at Houston.  Good role for him and getting him out of Columbus is a plus!

  • Gruden extends his deal with ESPN until 2021.  I guess he isn't coming. 

12 comments:

In Harbaugh we trust said...

Wow..pinch me am I dreaming...but I must say,I love Michigan....I've written a few comments on this blog....but I'm also a Chicago Bears fan....and I think u guys need to keep an eye on them....if jimmy does wanna stay Chicago could be a huge option...but I'd still love him to fix us with little Moeler and Tyrone

Big35Hurt said...

Trestman isn't going anywhere. Mel Tucker will be fired. Trestman is not the problem. The defense has no talent and is extremely banged up.

Scott K said...

If this is about to happen...... I sure as hell hope that the cat being let out of the bag pre-maturely doesn't derail it!

San Francisco still has two weeks before their season end, that's a lot of time for the media to draw conclusions and print versions of the truth that they create. Like Kirk Herbstreit announcing Les Miles agreed to be the next coach, prompting LSU to up the ante before sailboat Bill sealed the deal...

the waiting....... is the hardest part.

steve said...

scott k- I totally agree so nervous here but it is true from what i know. i think we may get him. fingers crossed!!!

Bob said...

I agree on the Chicago threat, but I also believe he wants to turn Michigan around. Michigan needs to get him signed up before the end of the year and when all the other NFL teams come calling. I say give the 49'ers Funchess and call it a day!

Scott K said...

LMAO.... good one Bob, Funch and throw in Funk and Ferrigno.

dude1984 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dude1984 said...

He is done in SF, and there are 7 hot seats that are a near guarantee to be open. Oakland, both NY teams, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Atlanta are dumpster fires because of weak rosters and or terrible management that won’t be contenders for at least 2-3 years at the earliest. Miami is some talent, but I doubt Ross would poach him. The buildings that bear his name would probably be burnt down and ties with the school that is his alma mater would end.

This leaves Michigan, which has made a very generous offer to him, as the front runners. The question now is when does he sign? They have a tough game this week against SD, and if they lose this game and Philly wins they are out of playoff contention. I would like to see him sign on Monday or Tuesday, if they lose, and coach the final game of the year.

Sidenote- Congrats to Tom Herman. If Harbaugh signs, which I expect, I think he will leave for the NFL after 4-6 years. If Herman has the success I think he'll have, I would like to see him as the next coach.

dude1984 said...

He is done in SF, and there are 7 hot seats that are a near guarantee to be open. Oakland, both NY teams, Chicago, Jacksonville, and Atlanta are dumpster fires because of weak rosters and or terrible management that won’t be contenders for at least 2-3 years at the earliest. Miami is some talent, but I doubt Ross would poach him. The buildings that bear his name would probably be burnt down and ties with the school that is his alma mater would end.

This leaves Michigan, which has made a very generous offer to him, as the front runners. The question now is when does he sign? They have a tough game this week against SD, and if they lose this game and Philly wins they are out of playoff contention. I would like to see him sign on Monday or Tuesday, if they lose, and coach the final game of the year.

Sidenote- Congrats to Tom Herman. If Harbaugh signs, which I expect, I think he will leave for the NFL after 4-6 years. If Herman has the success I think he'll have, I would like to see him as the next coach.

Scott K said...

Strange that the reporters who insist Jim isn't interested in coaching college ball are standing their ground...

I sure hope this isn't a Dumb and Dumber moment..... there's a one in a million chance that he comes to Michigan....

WELL, GREAT, we still have a chance!

Unknown said...

Strange that the reporters who insist Jim isn't obat pembersih rahim setelah keguguran
obat varikokel alami
obat bronkitis paling ampuh interested in coaching college ball are standing their ground

Unknown said...

Pengobatan Kista Paling Ampuh Dan Alami Tanpa Operasi
pengobatan luka setelah operasi caesar
obat sinusitis dari dokter