Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Michigan Tuesday: Today is The First Day Of Spring Practice

Today, it goes down for real.  The press conferences will continue, the pictures with celebrities will continue and recruiting never stops but today it's all about football.  Today is the first day in Jimmy's Michigan career, he will get to put on his whistle and step on to a football field as the head coach of the Michigan Wolverines.    A day I hope he never forgets. 

It's like Thanksgiving. It's like New Year's Day. It's like a family reunion. And having it all rolled into one. Most people think of January 1st as the start of a new year. To people who espouse to Catholicism and Christianity, they might correlate that with the birth of Christ. Us in football, the start of spring practice and the first day of summer training camp are what you look at as the New Year with fireworks going off, it's your birthday. It's being born back into football, it's a happening.

Coach what emotions are you feeling for the start of spring practice?

I'm sure it will be a big thrill. I'm sure I'll be feeling the same emotions that everyone will be -- the players, coaches, managers, trainers, equipment personnel and the whole staff. It's that first day of school. I will lay my clothes out tonight. I will triple-set my alarm, and be here attacking it with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. And I'll be encouraging myself and others to see if we can't bottle that -- that feeling and emotion, that excitement and enthusiasm -- because there is going to come a time when you are going to want to re-open it and have it bottled up to make tomorrow better than today and today better than yesterday.


  • The Spring Roster is up if your interested in guys weight gain or loss.  

  • The early enrolled numbers are as follows:  Malzone #12 and Cole #81.  Brian now is for sure going to take a shot at playing WR.  

  • Instate 4 star WR Desmond Fitzpatrick will visit for the first practice.  Desmond is currently committed to Louisville.

  • Well that was a quick turnaround for Thomas Wilcher:   "I understand the ambition Urban Meyer has, I understand the integrity of Urban Meyer and I understand that he's about the welfare of the child and the wholeness of what the athletes need at the university. He instilled in me that no child will be left behind in his program. "We did meet. We did talk. And he is the person I thought he was and the person I believe him to be. I believe our relationship is stronger now."  I guess Urban has changed his ways at OSU because the welfare of the child at UF seemed to been one of his biggest weakness.   One of his highest profile players at UF is currently on trial for a very high profile crime.   I understand not closing your doors to a major program but I don't think you should ignore the recent and past examples.  



6 comments:

Scott K said...

sounds like tommy wilcher was introduced to Jack Maxton while down in columbus, or maybe Bobby DiGeronimo....

sounds just like a recruit who was handed a few hundies on a visit.

ScottyDoggs said...

The start of (I hope) a two decade dynasty. So what do they do first this early in the year... pass out snow shovels (just kidding).
Just an update on the Belinda(Bruce) Jenner saga. I heard Bruce is suing a Parlor that does Brazilian wax treatments for having too small of a sign, he kept looking for it, hence he rear ended a lady... probably the last lady he will rear end. (unless its a tranny)

ScottyDoggs said...

To Scott K. I'm sure Wilcher a great guy/coach... but this quick 180 Degree turn on Wicher's attitude towards Ohio State is they made him a special brew of "Kool-Aid" some of it being the same stuff they gave that Jone's colony in South America(or central America), only this brew does not kill you, but neuters your thought patterns, instead of getting mad when you should, you just smile away the day... and very happy.

David LaFleur said...

Wow seeing Coach Jim Harbaugh in that classic Bo Block M hat is priceless. This spring game I can't wait. Go Blue

Scott K said...

I'm sure Wilcher's a good guy too, but for God's sake... He's also a former Wolverine player....

To do that 180, after meyer and drayton not only lied, but kept this kid on the phone until 1am lying to him, on NSD... to keep him from committing to MI.. Knowing damn well drayton was already gone and if Weber knew that there's no way he was going to ohio......

WTF could meyer tell wilcher that makes that ok? how the F#ck is that in the kids best interest? how is that anything other than fraud?

ScottyDoggs said...

Scott K. Your 100 per cent right! It's like a skunk that got ran over ... "it stink's to high heaven", according to Bob Dylan.