Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Michigan Tuesday: Graham Glasgow Suspended

After good news this weekend from the Glasgow family that Jordan would be joining his two other brothers in the Michigan program, come some bad news:  According to the 15th District Court online records, Glasgow violated probation for a "failure to abstain from alcohol." The test was administered Sunday, and at "9:59 a.m. Mr. Glasgow admitted he consumed alcohol," the records state. His attorney John Shea did not return a request for comment.  Glasgow is now suspended from the team. 

Since he was tested Sunday morning, you can only assume he did a lot of drinking the night before.  Graham was getting starter snaps at center after Jack Miller decided to focus on school and post graduation opportunities.   This is not only bad news for the Graham but the Michigan offensive line as well.   Just last week the center position had nice depth with the likes of Miller, Glasgow and  Kugler, now it's just Kugler left active in the program.   It will be interesting to see who takes snaps at the center position during the spring game. 


  • Scout's #1 2015 Basketball Player Jaylen Brown is planning to visit A2 Thursday and Friday of this week.  He had to re-schedule an earlier trip due to other basketball commitments.   I hope Coach B can sell him on the opportunity for playing time in Ann Arbor.

  • If you have followed this blog for a number of years, you  understand the interest I have in concussions in football.   One of the most interesting retirements happened yesterday, when 49'ers LB Chris Borland retired from football after playing one year in the NFL"I've thought about what I could accomplish in football, but for me, personally, when you read about Mike Webster and Dave Duerson and Ray Easterling, you read all these stories, and to be the type of player I want to be in football, I think I'd have to take on some risks that, as a person, I don't want to take on."  After the surprise retirement of Patrick Willis last week, many 49'er fans weren't too concerned due to the solid play of Borland last year.   Now Chris has stepped away after doing a ton of research this off season on the long term effects of playing football."I just thought to myself, 'What am I doing? Is this how I'm going to live my adult life, banging my head, especially with what I've learned and know about the dangers?'"   It takes a strong man to walk away from millions of dollars for his future health.   Congratulations to Chris on the best decision for Chris.

No comments: