Football is back. That sounds pretty good, doesn't it? pic.twitter.com/wDUdokZnit— Michigan Football (@umichfootball) February 29, 2016
The team is starting spring practice in Florida at IMG today. Which got me thinking on some of the top questions to be answered during Spring Practice:
1. Who is going to play QB? The rumor mill is very high on O'Korn who has the most experience playing for Houston but Morris is finally coming off his much needed red shirt year and will try to win that starting role. I expect the other QB's in camp will be red shirted or back ups. I think Peters is a 100% guaranteed a red shirt year.
2. Offensive Line: Will they move Cole to center? Who is going to fill in at Tackle?
3. LB? Who is going to set up as Michigan's starting LB's? Gedeon has some experience, Furbush hasn't played much and Bush should be a high school senior.
4. Who didn't make the trip? Right now it looks like Blake Bars and Da'Mario Jones are both going to transfer and didn't make it to Florida.
5. Where will Peppers line up? Will he be more of a Safety, Corner or RB moving forward?
6. Who is Michigan's starting Full Back? Shallman? Poggi?
7. RB rotation? Smith, Peppers, Higdon, Walker?
The rest of the defense is pretty much set and will get much deeper in the fall when Gary gets to town.
- Michigan basketball is struggling right now and took another road loss at Wisconsin. They are currently riding the bubble for the NCAA Tourney.
- Jimmy will coach 1st base for the Tigers on Wednesday.
- Both Willie Henry and Graham Glasgow competed at the NFL Combine in Indy this weekend. Both guys are expected to be mid-round pick ups. Glasgow could go a bit earlier and Big Willie is a victim of a deep DT/DE class.