Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wolverine Wednesday: Taysom Hill Staying At BYU

One internet rumor was that BYU's QB Taysom Hill was contemplating doing a 5th year senior transfer and that Michigan would be a possible destination.   He was recruited by Jimmy while at Stanford and decided to sign with BYU.  Hill announced yesterday he is staying at BYU.   This is a good move, Michigan has a stable of QB's that they need to develop and should have one or two ready to take the lead next August.

  • Michigan Basketball took a loss to OSU last night in Columbus.  They are on the NCAA bubble and need all the wins they can get in a tough remaining schedule.

  • Sam Webb has a good article on the newest Michigan QB commit Dylan McCaffrey:  “For a while now I’ve wanted to commit early just to kind of start my class and to start recruiting my class,” McCaffrey explained.  “This week me and my parents were talking a lot about it and came the conclusion that there is no better place than Michigan.  You’re not going to find a better coaching staff, a better situation, or academic school anywhere else.  And I think I can fit there as well, which is a big thing.  I’m just so excited.”

  • The above commitment has to help the recruitment of Instate #1 player Donovan Peoples-Jones:  “I know Michigan is looking hard at Donovan Peoples-Jones,” McCaffrey stated.  “I looked at his highlight tapes and I know that would be one player that would be nice to play with. For a quarterback throwing to him would be really nice.  I haven’t gotten out much, but there will definitely be some more (targets) as I start to break down some lists. I’m looking forward to that aspect of it as well.”

  • Former Michigan commit Jeremiah Holloman now has an offer from Maryland.

  • NY OL Isaiah Wilson is coming off a unofficial to A2 and enjoyed his visit.  He wants to make a summer decision.

2 comments:

Mike T said...

DB coach Greg Jackson is leaving to take the DB coaching spot in the NFL with Dallas....

Sucks but JH will find a quality replacement...

Scott K said...

I wonder if Clayton White is one Jim would like to get back on his staff. He's currently coaching Safeties and special teams at NC State, but he was one of Jim's D-back coaches at Stanford.