One internet rumor was that BYU's QB Taysom Hill was contemplating doing a 5th year senior transfer and that Michigan would be a possible destination. He was recruited by Jimmy while at Stanford and decided to sign with BYU. Hill announced yesterday he is staying at BYU. This is a good move, Michigan has a stable of QB's that they need to develop and should have one or two ready to take the lead next August.
- Michigan Basketball took a loss to OSU last night in Columbus. They are on the NCAA bubble and need all the wins they can get in a tough remaining schedule.
- Sam Webb has a good article on the newest Michigan QB commit Dylan McCaffrey: “For a while now I’ve wanted to commit early just to kind of start my class and to start recruiting my class,” McCaffrey explained. “This week me and my parents were talking a lot about it and came the conclusion that there is no better place than Michigan. You’re not going to find a better coaching staff, a better situation, or academic school anywhere else. And I think I can fit there as well, which is a big thing. I’m just so excited.”
- The above commitment has to help the recruitment of Instate #1 player Donovan Peoples-Jones: “I know Michigan is looking hard at Donovan Peoples-Jones,” McCaffrey stated. “I looked at his highlight tapes and I know that would be one player that would be nice to play with. For a quarterback throwing to him would be really nice. I haven’t gotten out much, but there will definitely be some more (targets) as I start to break down some lists. I’m looking forward to that aspect of it as well.”
- Former Michigan commit Jeremiah Holloman now has an offer from Maryland.
- NY OL Isaiah Wilson is coming off a unofficial to A2 and enjoyed his visit. He wants to make a summer decision.