The Wolverines might have had one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the season on Saturday. We were hoping there might be a couple 2017 commits. That didn't happen but a 4 star 2018 offensive lineman did drop!
His name is Emil Ekiyor and he is a 6'2 340ish high school junior at Indianapolis Cathedral. Michigan was his first offer and if he stays committed hopefully the first and final. After the Wolverines offered his recruitment blew up and he received the following offers: Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Cal, Cincinnati, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, NC State, Syracuse, Toledo, USF, Vanderbilt, and Virginia.
Emil is rated a 4 star OG and in the top 131 by all the services. Like any 2018 commit, we are a lifetime away from signing day and this commitment has to be taken with a grain of salt.
- PSU commit Brelin Faison-Walden tweeted he had a good weekend at the Big House
- 5 star Bama commit Alex Leatherwood who has been high on Michigan lately tweeted a photo with some of the other prospects at the game and called it the Great Wall. He said, Michigan is making him think about his commitment to Alabama.
- One of Michigan's top prospects on their board is IMG 4-star C Cesar Ruiz. He had another great visit and has been talking about the "Great Wall" with other offensive lineman recruits for some time.
- Jedrick Willis who has cancelled a couple of visits to U of M did make it to A2 this weekend.
- LB Shanon Reid rated his trip to A2 a 10 out of 10
That is a lot of good news out of the 2017 prospects in attendance to watch Michigan get a Top 10 win. Oliver Martin is a WR that Michigan is high on. It seems to be a ND vs. Michigan battle for his services. He also visited Ann Arbor on Saturday. This was his second visit, he also attended for the BBQ at the Big House.
- Looks like Grant Newsome maybe done for the year with a knee injury. I wish they would take out those "cut" hits on offensive lineman.