We all know who plays in primetime on ABC this weekend but there are other interesting games that many of us might follow while we wait for the 8:00 kick off.
Best Big10 Game of the Weekend:
Rutgers at MSU: Both teams have a perfect record in the Big Ten at 0-6. Michigan State played above their level two weeks ago against Michigan and then lost to Illinois last weekend. Rutgers has been playing better lately after dropping a close 0-78 game to the Wolverines. Someone has to win this game right? We don't have ties anymore in college football which is a shame for this game. MSU is a two TD favorite in this one. MSU 21 Rutgers 20
Minnesota at Nebraska: Are you surprised to learn that Minnesota is 7-2? They have the same record as Nebraska who is coming off two defeats in a row. The Golden Gophers are tied for first place in the Big 10 West. Could the Little Brown Jug be up for grabs if both Michigan and Minnesota make it to Indy? If that is going to happen they better win this game. Nebraska is a TD favorite. Nebraska 24 Minnesota 21
Penn State at IU: This is an interesting game. Penn State has become a top 10 team after beating Ohio State on a couple of fluky plays. They sure didn't look like a top 10 teams when they played in A2. IU is no joke but I don't think they are as powerful as in years past. PSU is a 7.5 favorite.
PSU 38 IU 28
OSU at Maryland: OSU is a 29 point favorite.
Northwestern at Purdue: The Wildcats are a decent team but they are two wins short of a bowl game. They better pick one up this weekend. NW is a 13.5 favorite. NW 31 Purdue 24
Illinois at Wisconsin: Wisconsin is a 26.5 favorite
- DT Jay Tufele who visited A2 recently, will now visit OSU for the Michigan game.
- Sam Webb says that the Michigan coaches feel confident about the recruitment of CB Ambry Thomas. I hope so, he is a talented kid, that I hope we don't lose to MSU.
- Les Miles will attend the Michigan - IU game next week
- Jimmy said on the radio this morning that the team has had a good week of practice and the defense has been working on tackling on the edges. I think we saw issues there in the MSU and Maryland games. That has to be fixed before IU and OSU.
- Michigan has lost 4 out 5 games against Iowa
- I have seen some of articles about Wilton almost transferring. It's rare to be able to see the moment where that thought was actually crossing through his mind. If you haven't seen the HBO real sports interview with Jimmy from a year ago, take a look. There is a shot at the end of the piece where Jimmy is yelling at a QB who's number is blurred out. That QB is believed to be Wilton.