Eddie McDoom was tackled after a catch late in the game on Saturday. He stayed on the ground with a leg injury and limped off the field. Watching the video many fans were concerned because they didn't see the ankle turn or the knee flex in the wrong direction. When you don't see a reason for the injury many get concerned it's serious like an ACL snapping or an Achilles tear.
Eddie was seen yesterday in a walking boot and insiders are saying that its just a sprained ankle, which is great news. I was worried he wouldn't be able to take the trip to Rome next month if it was a serious injury.
- The curious case of Tyrone Sampson. Ty is a 4 star offensive lineman (center) from Detroit, who is 6'3 300 pounds. He just visited for Michigan's spring game and then yesterday commits to Syracuse. His offer list is a strange one, with the likes of MAC Schools, Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, and Minnesota. Maybe he needs to put some more snaps on tape and have a strong senior year for more instate offers. Neither Michigan or MSU has offered.
- 3 Star AZ QB Tyler Shough who is expected to visit next month, just picked up an Alabama offer.
- Like we didn't know this was coming: Penn State will do it's annual white out for the Michigan game. Will Michigan wear the all whites road jerseys that day?
- 4 Star Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep LB/S prospect Shayne Simon was on campus yesterday for his first visit to Ann Arbor. Simon keeps his recruitment pretty quiet but it is known that he is very serious about his education and is also considering ND and Stanford. Can Jimmy continue the NJ pipeline?
- DTR's mom (a Michigan grad) on the visit last week: “The Michigan visit had an impact. It went above and beyond what we expected. As far as its impact … it probably caused him to pause and think a minute. As far as if it’s going to make him commit, I can’t say. The visit just caught us by surprise — the fans knowing who he was and wanting to be around him, the alumni, the football players and we didn’t understand the Michigan roster until now.“We sat down with Pep Hamilton and Jim Harbaugh. They showed us how all of their plays are being run at Dorian’s high school right now, they’re just called different names.”