Thursday, August 17, 2017

Michigan Thursday: 2 Fab 5 Members Attend Football Practice

Jimmy is not afraid to invite anyone to practice that can share an experience or advice with his young team.   We have seen former NFL Wide Receiver Chad Johnson and now Fab 5 members Juan Howard and Jimmy King, who visited with the players on Wednesday.


Howard and King met with the team after practice Wednesday. Speight said they told the players “to be comfortable being uncomfortable.”


“It was really cool,” Speight said. “That’s what blew me away. We grew up watching those guys and they’re legends around here, and Juwan came up to me and was like, ‘Can I get a picture with you? My son’s going to love this.' I said, ‘Yeah absolutely,’ but I didn’t want to act too shocked. That’s the Fab Five, you know. That was a cool moment.”


On a side note, a friend of the program and Pro Wrestling legend Rick Flair is in a serious medical condition in an Atlanta hospital.   We hope Rick continues to get better and is back on his feet soon.




  • Speaking of the Fab 5.  The special Fab 5 Jordan's that were released awhile ago are selling for $20,000 on eBay.  If anyone wants to send me a pair for my birthday, please feel free to!  :-)


  • CBS announced its pre-season All American team- Michigan didn't have any players on the list.  Florida has three 2nd teamers:  Martez Ivey-OL, Duke Dawson - CB, and Eddy Pineiro - Kicker.


   



No comments: