Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Wolverine Wednesday: On His Way To Tampa Bay

Tommy is heading to Tampa Bay, which is exactly what people do near retirement.   I'm sure the sunshine, 2 good TE's, a QB friendly head coach, and Evans at WR where also a part of the decision.  I'm also guessing there might be a few dollars involved.  It will see be strange to see TB12 in a TB jersey, but times are a changing!

I wonder if Tom knows I have watched two recent Michigan loses in that stadium?

Quick deep thought: Why isn't Michigan signing any of these free agent DT's? 🙂

  • 2021 4 star DE Quintin Somerville has Michigan in his top 8. 

  • OSU took 2021 RB Pryor yesterday, Does that open the door a bit wider to Michigan for local boy Donovan Edwards?

  • 2021 OH 3 star WR Markus Allen has Michigan in his top 10, name checks out!  

  • You know the world is ending (joke) when Las Vegas is shutting down


3 comments:

szanreno said...

His top eight. His top 10. I see that as being so foolish. When I was a young man in high school if I would have had the skills to play college football I know exactly where I would have went. I wouldn't have had a top-10. And I think most of my buddies were about the same boat. Depending on academic pursuits there's no way you should be in a top 8 or a top 10 situation. Two, three or four at best. Especially being a senior in high
school. I seen a few of these kids have a top 12 or top 15. So ridiculous, and the sad part is that they have to weknow it. They're just along for the ride. Helps that sense of entitlement grow.

Rudy said...

I think very few of the top-tier recruits care about academics. They say they do cuz that's the script they need to follow. In fact, it may deter some that don't want to be burdened with schoolwork. $uckeye U doesn't even make them go to class, that's a nice little perk and that's before they get hooked up with their booster who puts cash in their pocket. At Spartonio they get to take classes in how to sign their name. I think Gary leaned towards UM because he wanted a quality education but he's the exception, not the norm. And, I don't think he graduated anyway.

MichiganMan said...

Rashan Gary was the most disappointed number one ESPN ranking...