Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What's the deal with ESPN Commercials?

Has ESPN had a down year or what? Do they have too many channels now and can't find real products to advertise? I've been watching ESPN all year for College Football and Monday Night Football and been treated to some of the worst commercials I've ever seen. Here are some of the top flight products ESPN continues to advertise on their football programing (that I'm sick and tired of hearing about)

  • That short wave pool
  • The Work at Home Institute
  • Insurance Companies that I've never heard of (the one around the pool where everyone is hard working but nobody has insurance)
  • College Loans
  • That Tank sized leaf thing that sucks up the leaves in your yard

I'm sure there is more that I have removed from my brain. What is going on? Where are the the major advertisers? Is the ratings for football that bad? These are after 1:00 AM worthy not during primetime.

ESPN please have your sales department do a better job then they are doing. I can't take another short wave pool commercial.

Thank you!

No comments: