Ricardo Miller, gets called out by this Sporting News article as one of the Top 10 recruits to watch for in 2010: Ricardo Miller, WR, 6-3/200, Dr. Phillips (Orlando) Gave pledge to Michigan early, and has family ties in the area. Said he wants to help turn around the program. There is another Michigan prospect on the list as well: Devin Gardner, QB, 6-4/200, Inkster (Detroit)Intriguing personality already has a boatload of scholarship offers, with Notre Dame coming most recently.
Another Walk-on from the State of Michigan: Adam Barker, OL, Adrian: The 6-foot-3, 270-pound Barker helped increase Adrian’s suddenly plentiful list of Division I players after accepting a preferred walk-on offer from Michigan.“He wanted to get a scholarship, but that fell through, so he said he was going to walk on at Michigan,” Jacobs said at Wednesday morning's signing. “(Michigan head coach) Rich Rodriguez was a walk-on at West Virginia, so he treats walk-ons special. Adam is rated 2 stars by Rivals. Seems like a nice pick up!
- More Walk-on news, this from New York: Though he would have merited a ride somewhere else, lineman Tom Lindley of William Floyd will attend Michigan as a preferred walk-on next fall and try to earn a scholarship down the road. Tom is 6'3 297 and played OT in high school.
- Remember defensive end Quintin Woods? He has spent some time in JR. college in California and signed with Kansas this week.
- Did you know Troy Aikman has a step daughter at Michigan? Me either.
- "And the thing about it, until about six months ago, he was the biggest Michigan fan I ever met. But he really loves the Buckeyes now, I am telling you. It's amazing." regarding OSU signee, Duron Carter.
- Just for laughs: Can you ID this person?
Yes, it's Zach Boren now of Ohio State. Where both Boren's are residing.