Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Big House Tuesday is for: Naming Leaders and Best

  • Can anyone explain this? I sure can't: Courtney Sims of Iowa Energy Named MVP for NBA D-League “Courtney really has earned this honor, and I’m proud of him,” said Energy head coach Nick Nurse. “His development in the last 12 months has been outstanding - he has grown his offensive game, his competitiveness and his athleticism. The improvements in his game are a total credit to him for all of the hard work he's put in over the last year and if he can improve as much in the next 12 months as he has in the last, I know he'll be a great asset to the Knicks or any NBA team.” This just shocks me, I really have nothing to say.

  • Cullen Christian a 2010 CB from Pittsburgh is high on Michigan: “I like the big time corners they’ve produced,” Christian said. “They always have a great defense and that’s one of the school that I’ve always loved. I just love the Blue and Maize.” “I really like that they are showing me the most love,” he said. “I want to go where I feel that I’m wanted and needed and I get that feeling from Michigan. Plus, I know the coaches would get me in good shape to go to the next level.” CC also has offers from Pitt, WVU, Illinois, Maryland and UCLA. CC also mentions that he is 85% sure he will end up a Wolverine. We will work on the "Blue and Maize" thing when he gets to Ann Arbor. :-)


  • Recruiting insiders still believe that Michigan still leads for New Orleans QB Munchie Legaux. Munchie would be a great addition to this class just on his name alone. Michigan would like to target 2 QB's for the 2010 class and with the recent addition of Devin Gardner, that leaves one spot open for Munchie or another QB. On a side note, Michigan has also offered Texas Safety Luke Muncie (no relation).

  • per Mgoblog recruiting guru TomVh: Stephen Hopkins names Michigan his leader after a recent visit to Texas AM. Stephen is a big running back out of Texas in the recruiting class of 2010. He comes in at 6"0 220 and admires Brandon Minor. He has been playing since he was a sophomore and has totaled 38 touchdowns, 3352 yards on 616 carries.

  • Speaking of Mgoblog: They confirmed one of my big fears for next year. Michigan's safety depth is very poor and there will be plenty of freshman playing. Stevie Brown has moved from Safety to the Hybrid LB role: However, moving him leaves just two returning players at the position: Mike Williams, who saw some playing time a year ago and didn't do anything of note good or bad, and redshirt freshman Brandon Smith. That's a horrifying lack of depth at a position we're all well aware can be an instant 60-yard touchdown for the opposition. But the rumors around Spring Practice have Brandon Smith running at Linebacker more then safety. Which means Troy Woolfolk and Vald Emilien have been running at the Safety position. Troy had been a CB and Vald is a true "early enrolled" freshman. Now Michigan's CB depth looks shaky: Starters: Donovan Warren and Boubacar Cissoko with backups: red shirt Freshman JT Floyd and walk on Floyd Simmons. That is scary folks, very scary for our defensive backfield if anyone gets hurt.

No comments: