Monday, April 6, 2009

Just Another Manic Michigan Monday

  • Remember the guy from Purdue that torched Michigan's Defense, Justin Siller? If you don't, Justin was the third string QB who started as a running back at the beginning of the year and looked like a Heisman Trophy candidate against Scott Shafer's defense. Well, Justin is no longer on Purdue's Football Team after having some academic issues. If I were Justin and can get my grades up, I would try to pick a Big East School that plays against Syracuse every year so he can be reunited with Mr. Shafer's defense.


  • I would be remiss, if I didn't mention that Sparty is playing tonight for the National Championship. I'm happy for the State of Michigan, I'm happy for the Big Ten, but come on! It's Sparty for goodness sake. I'll tell you one thing, that Tom Izzo can coach in the tournament. I'm so happy Michigan finally has a coach that can go head to head with him with the clipboard. I'm not sure Michigan Basketball has ever had a quality coach like John Beilein. Still can't believe he didn't win Big Ten coach of the year? I see that the AP named Kansas coach Bill Self, National Coach of the Year, I'm sure Bill did a great job this year, but his team won the National Championship last year, Michigan won ten games in 2008 and got to the second round of the NCAA this year.


  • Former Michigan Safety Artis Chambers who left Michigan after the season is heading to Ball State to play for former Wolverine Coach Stan Parrish.


  • The unofficial list of 2010 recruits visiting Ann Arbor for the Spring Game include: Stephen Hopkins, Brennan Clay, Cassius McDowell, Christian Pace, Torrian Wilson, Jibreel Black, Scott McVey, Marvin Robinson, and LaTwan Anderson.


  • If your intrested in Devin Gardner's announcement video, check it out here.


  • Cato June signs with the Texans.

  • Michigan Linebacker Obi Ezeh gives us a quick update on his assessment of spring practice: that Steve Brown and Donovan Warren are making plays in the secondary, Will Campbell and converted D-lineman Vince Helmuth are doing well on the defensive line. On Freshman QB Tate Forcier: "I feel like the play doesn't start until he starts scrambling. You've got to play to the whistle and keep your eye on him. Very slippery."


  • Do you want to sport Michigan's Official Basketball Adidas shoes? All you need is $110 large and this link!

  • Did anyone catch the Texas Spring game on ESPN U last night? I know it's the Spring Game, but they didn't look very good at all. Colt threw a pick 6 on his second series.

No comments: