The Michigan Football staff is starting to really focus on Offensive Line recruiting with a number of prospects getting a lot of attention. Case in point is a new Michigan offer for Toledo's Jack Miller a 6"5 280 pound defensive end prospect with a nice offer list with 20+ schools. Your first reaction might be: What? Michigan already has 2 verbals at DE, why would they offer another? They have offered Jack as an offensive lineman.
Other offensive lineman making noise is Andre Yruretagoyena who has cut his list to 7, with Michigan near the top. The overall feeling for Andre Y is that it's between Michigan and Oregon. Michigan is expecting Andre to visit Ann Arbor this summer. As most of you know, Andre Y is a former teammate of Taylor Lewan and Craig Roh. Speaking of Andre's, Glenville's Aundrey Walker will be in Detroit this weekend for the Sound Mind and Sound Body Camp. Aundrey is 6'5 355 and goes to Tedd Ginn's Sr. school and is pretty much tagged for OSU but he is still keeping Michigan in his recruitment.
Another recent Michigan offer is James Elliott a 6'4, 285 lbs. offensive tackle from Pensacola, Florida. Elliott's HS line coach is friends with Michigan coach Greg Fry.
Michigan's top offensive line recruit is still Anthony Zettel from West Branch. Many recruiting insiders expect Anthony to give his verbal to the Wolverines sometime in the next 6 weeks or so.
- Shawn Conway and DeAnthony Arnett will be at the Sound Mind and Body camp this weekend as well.
- Oops! A recent verbal for Syracuse, Tyree Smallwood said he had a Michigan offer, along with teams like Central Michigan and Cincinnati. That might have been wishful thinking but I'm pretty sure Tyree didn't hold an offer from U of M.
- Kris Frost is a very highly rated "athlete" on Michigan's board and happens to be coming to Ann Arbor this weekend with his family for camp. Kris is high on the Wolverines and I hope he and his family is impressed with his visit to U of M.
- Local LB prospect Ed Davis received a Michigan offer this past weekend. Things look very good for the Wolverines in his recruitment. Ed is 6'4 215 and plays outside linebacker.
- USC gets it's first transfer from redshirt junior linebacker Jordan Campbell. Jordan was not a regular on the field for the Trojans and expects to look at Boise State for a possible transfer.