There are rumors a committed (to another school) defensive player is planning on visiting Ann Arbor this weekend. Many times visitors committed to other schools don't like to make the news public they are visiting a different school for obvious reasons. One being they will get a 1000 phone calls from recruiting services.
- A new name/visitor that is expected in this weekend is Tennessee commitment OL Dan Skipper from Colorado. Dan is a 3 star prospect to Rivals and is 6'10 295 pounds. Yes, that's right 6'10 and he looks skinny carrying almost 300 pounds. In other news, John Beilein is mad he is going to be in New York this weekend and won't get a chance to meet Dan.
- Here is the official visitors list for this weekend from Tremendous.
- David Dawson is expected to re-visit Ann Arbor this weekend and there will be a bit of pressure from many of the 2013 class to re-commit to the Wolverines. At this point, David says he wants to make his decision in January and has booked an official visit to C-Bus on 1/18. I wonder if he will change his mind this weekend?
- Braylon Edwards tweeted that the Jets decision makers were idiots and was cut Seahawks, those same idiots just claimed Braylon off waivers.
- There was a video interview posted on Mgoblue.com with Jordan Kovacs where he is quoted as saying he has been working with some of the young safeties like "fleet". Which means Dennis Norfleet, Michigan's dynamic kick off return specialist. For those that are wondering, Dennis is 5'7 and 161 pounds. Are we really saying we can't find a place for him on the offensive side of the ball? He seems to be pretty good is open space. Maybe at the slot or specialty RB position?
- Just to prove I'm not 100% against Big Al. There is a nice story about he and his family on ESPN today.
- The 126 year old Sporting News is shutting down. Sad to see such a long time sports magazine close it doors. Times they are a changing.