Friday, January 29, 2016

Michigan Friday: Grabs Another Tight End

The recruiting blitz has been crazy lately.   Every time I try to get lunch or dinner, somebody commits or de-commits.   Yesterday, was thought to be a quiet day.  It wasn't. 



This is not Michigan's latest commit

Michigan landed a commit from a mid-week visitor and 4 star FL TE Nick Eubanks.   This recruitment pretty much came out of nowhere.   He has offers from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Nebraska, Texas, USC and Oregon.   He has already visited Bama and was expected to visit Florida this weekend.  Most had expected this to be a Florida - Alabama battle. 

Per 24/7, "He said Alabama led prior to his visit. He's no longer planning to officially visit Florida this weekend.
 
"I chose Michigan because it's a better fit for me," Eubanks said. "I can play right away as a true freshman. It's best for my future and for my work ethic. Plus coach Harbaugh coached Vernon Davis so I know he knows how to use the tight end. Michigan showed me stuff I've never seen before. Not at Florida or at Alabama. How they throw the ball to their tight end. How they flex the tight end out and use the position as a hybrid. No other school I was considering does that. That shocked me and shook my mind."

Nick is 6'6 and has a frame similar to Devin Funchess.  He is rated the #9 TE in the county by Rivals.   Check out his highlights here.

This surprise commitment Chases Allen to Iowa State or Nebraska (he announces today).

Some of you might be wondering if Michigan has an opening still for the California pair TE Asiasi and DT Tagaloa, the answer is YES.   Michigan would love to steal these two from the West Coast.  They announce at noon on NSD.

What does the board look like now?

1. Gary - Will visit Clemson this weekend, still love Michigan's chances.
2. Jordan Fuller - Announces Monday night, close between Michigan and OSU.
3. Lavert Hill - Seems to be trending back to Michigan
4.  Devin Asiasi and Boss Tagaloa Combo
5. Connor Murphy - Ties to Jimmy
6. Quinn Noridin - Michigan or USC
7. Donald Stewart - Michigan or Stanford

Currently 26 commits, we expect one gray and maybe one qualification loss from that list.  Which would leave 6 spots for the guys on the above list.  Fuller seems to be trending to OSU and the California guys are a difficult prediction.   Murphy is also a tough call, as he seems to keep quiet on his recruitment.  Nate Johnson also seems to be in flux with ND now full at WR. 

Pie Young and Chase Murphy will be playing at other schools.

I believe Michigan would love to grab mid-week visitor KS S Isaiah Simmons if Fuller or Hill go to rivals.

  • The new AD announcement will happened today at 11:15

8 comments:

Big35Hurt said...

I just don't get how this math will all work out.....but.....should be very interesting

Tim said...

If Quinn Noridin goes Blue what happens to Kenny Allen? Can we have 3 scholarship kickers?

Scott K said...

maybe one of them can move to LB..... LOL

Bob said...

That would be strange to have 3 kickers on scholarship. I was a little surprised how hard Jimmy is recruiting Quinn, I guess they have not been real happy with Andrew David.

Mike T said...

I would guess if we get Quinn... Andrew David is a goner...

Is Dytarious Johnson or Josh Metellus the rumored gray shirt?

Renegade said...

Congratulations to Warde Manuel as the new AD at Michigan. I know very little about the man, but he seems to have been successful at his different appointments. I would have preferred that Hackett stay, but he made it clear from the get-go that the interim title was real.

Scott K said...

Chase Allen is a Cyclone.

Mike T said...

Rumor has it we have a surprising silent commit.....