The Detroit News got the police report from the Drake Johnson forklift accident. To quote Jimmy: “I can tell you this, it would have killed a lesser man, but he is blue twisted steel, very flexible and amazing,”
According to the police report, the driver of the forklift / utility vehicle, Matt Johnson, said he was “moving a large cabinet and was traveling with the cabinet about eye level. He stopped at the large garage door and a co-worker opened the door for him.”
In the report, Matt Johnson said he drove into the building “and felt a bump, stating he thought he ran over a starting block, when he saw Drake Johnson, a student-athlete, roll from under the forklift. And M. Johnson realized he had ran over Drake Johnson who was sitting on the track floor stretching.”
Drake Johnson was examined at the scene by an athletic trainer, then examined by a University of Michigan doctor at Schembechler Hall, the football building, and then was transported to the U-M Hospital emergency room by athletic staff.
Drake seems to be fine and ran track this Spring. He even mentioned that he feels his legs are stronger from running track. This is un-believable and I'm very happy he wasn't seriously injured. He has had more than his fair share of injuries as a Wolverine (2 ACL's).
- James "Biggie" Ross will sign a free agent contract with the Chargers.
- After his visit last weekend, VA WDE Luiji Vilain will make his final decision next month between Michigan, Virginia Tech, and USC. I mention this to you in a low "silent" voice. :)
- Future Michigan QB Dylan McCaffrey hasn't done any interviews after committing to Michigan. Here is a quick one after his Elite 11/Opening camp in Oakland this past weekend.
- Michigan just offered a name you may recognize: Robert Porcher IV a 2017 DE from Orlando. Yes, he is the son of former Detroit Lions pass rusher Robert Porcher.
- Instate DB Ambry Thomas got offered by UCLA yesterday
- Speaking of UCLA, they are the latest University to leave Adidas. They are going to Under Armour.