I'm sure Michigan isn't behind in 2018 recruiting but they only have two commits at this point.
Other current examples, Penn State has 10 commits (with two 5 stars), ND has 6, and Ohio State has 3. With two big classes back to back and a small senior class, I expect the 2018 class will be less then 20 players.
With the current quiet period, this is the time of year, where you will see Michigan blast out a 100 offers or so. Just in the last couple of days:
- CB Al Blades, Jr. got offered
- Instate athlete Gemon Green got offered
- FL CB Stanley Garner got offered
- Michigan and Penn State make top 10 for OL Nana Asiedu from VA
- Jimmy is interviewing current Hawaii DC Kevin Lempa for a non-coaching analyst role. My guess is Kevin believes this is better for his career then being the DC at Hawaii, he also has worked with Don Brown in the past.
- Projected MSU starter on the offensive line, Thiyo Lukusa is leaving the program.
- I was surprised to learn that after one game/National Championship that Steve Sarkisian is leaving Alabama to become the OC for the Super Bowl Atlanta Falcons. There are rumors that Saban and Sark were having some similar disagreements that Saban had with Lane Kiffin's offense.
- The Michigan Basketball team sure has had an up and down year. This past week is an example: this weekend Michigan loses to a poor OSU team at home and then blows out the Spartans last night.