Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Michigan Tuesday: Leaps and Bounds

Michigan Football picked up a very large commitment last night.   When I mean large, I actually mean 6'8 and 280 pounds large.    That is the size of CT 3 star OT Tristian Bounds who picked Michigan last night.   

I would love to make a joke that this guy has a high ceiling, but he is 6'8 and pretty close to most ceilings.  Tristian does seem like a kid with a huge upside with that frame and offers from major football programs like Texas, UCLA, ND, BC, Nebraska, VT, and many more.   Bounds seems under rated in the rankings, as you don't see the 56th OT in the nation with so many top tier offers. 

He also took a chance and took a visit to Ann Arbor last month and got to see the campus by himself.   It wasn't a guided tour in a golf cart, it was just him and his family seeing the campus and town on their own.   Personally, I love that story and would have preferred to have done it that way if I was a sought after athlete. 

“It was huge for me,” he said. “For me, that was a big check off the box for me because I got to Ann Arbor, and even though no one was there, I could see myself going to school there."

"It was how the campus was laid out and how far is it from the dorms to the football facilities," Bounds said. "It was stuff like that. It was trying to get there and get a feel. I feel like it is hard to make a gut call if you have never been there."

He also has very good remote relationship with Ed Warinner:  

“My relationship with coach Warinner is excellent,” Bounds said. “I really think he’s going to be someone who will be able to develop me and give me every chance to play at the next level. That is my goal.”

Welcome Big Man! 


This is Michigan's 17th commitment to the '21 class and the Wolverines will continue to look for a RB, top tier OL or 2, DT, DE, and CB maybe the highest priority at this point. 

  • Josh Gattis tweeted some very good information on how the Harbaugh's have helped African American QB's and Coaches.   It's worth a read. 

  • Coach Harbaugh and Coach Howard have both spoken on the death of George Floyd.

  • Xavier Worthy and Omarion Cooper put Michigan on their final list of schools on Monday.  PA Safety Donovan McMillon did not.  

  • 4 star Scottsdale, AZ DE Quintin Somerville calls Coach Nua  'the GOAT'. 

1 comment:

Cormac said...

If it is any sort of consolation prize, at least Donovan McMillon didn't pick PSU!