Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Washington Post Game -- Tears

WolverineWire

Summit Achieved ☑ 

Icing Received ☑ 

Michigan Football is your National Champion ☑ 

Tears are a funny thing.  There can be tears of joy or tears of pain.  Why can one emotion be a sign of two completely opposite things?  When Mikey was running 82 yards with a game clinching interception, tears of joy ran down my face. 

Being a Michigan fan, we have had plenty of other types of tears.  A loss to App. State, OSU having 10 years of domination, TCU last season, and Final 4 Championship games come to mind.   It also seemed Michigan was a program that was known for being close but rarely the champion.   That changed tonight in a dominant fashion.  UW was less physical, out coached, and out played.  The only thing that stopped this from being an TCU/Georgia score was Michigan’s lack of offense in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. 

I will again give Ben Herbet his flowers as the Michigan defenders were gassed many times tonight but found the will and the extra fuel tank to win many of the battles. Cam Goode and Junior Colston were playing on fumes at the end. 

Jesse Minter didn't take my advice and didn't blitz Penix has much as I expected.  He stayed in coverage and tried to give the talent QB different cover looks.  Michigan's D-line had to win its one-on-one battles with UW's Joe Moore Award winning line (told you that award is a curse!).  That worked to perfection as Washington only scored 1 TD. 

Michigan went crazy in the run game with Blake and Big Game Don. Most of the yards came in quarter 1, but still managed to get over 300 yards and 4 TDs on the ground for the game.  Michigan played Michigan Football and welcomed Washington to the Big Ten.  It was one of the most special game atmospheres I've ever been a part of and will be a lifetime memory. 

Cheers:

  •  Michigan won the National Championship

Jeers:

  • See above!

Now we will wait to see what Jimmy does with the NFL.  The Washington job would be close to his brother and The Chargers have a talent at QB.  Whether he stays or goes, he got this program back to the Summit! 

S

N

13 comments:

Goblu said...

I hope he stays, but do understand if he goes.

Donovan getting those td’s after first missing the holes is hilarious and wonderful. I love that guy.

So incredibly happy for this kids. They worked so hard, kept focused, and beat the world!!!! GO BLUE!

Blue said...

Us Against Everybody and Everybody Loss!!

Go Blue!!!

Chowman said...

Unfortunately now begins the silly season. Where we have to watch Jimmy do his little dance for the NFL. I still think he's not really what the NFL is looking for anymore. They want the Ben Johnson's and don't be shocked if Mikey McDonald gets some interviews as that Ravens D has played really well. If he gets a HC gig, you can almost guarantee John's coming for Jesse Minter.

szanreno said...

Keep your hands inside the car until it comes to a complete stop. What a roller coaster season, the fans here need no recap of that. Last night was no different until late. Play calling was a bit vanilla in the middle stages, however we're used to that too. Starting strong paid dividends through the whole game. So happy for "The Don". Defense was stellar. Thirteen points allowed. Who'd a thought. The 4th down right before the half, liked the decision not the play. Other than that, the boa did what it does best. Lastly, JJ called his shot then hit it out of the park. Everything considered I am glad the ride is over. Congrats to Team 144! Go Blue!

after note: Paul Finebaum said this morning that he was "never more wrong in his life about anything than he was about Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan program". As much as we dislike this guy, he's the only pundit I know of that has admitted he was wrong. Gotta respect that anyway.

Goblu said...

Szanreno, I didn’t like that 4th down call either. Sherone showed JJ something when he got to sideline. I think maybe JJ had the wrong read

MichiganMan said...

Guys I was at the game last night....I don't have any words to explain how I feel....I waited 28yrs from our last 1/2 championship. What a game, what a season congratulation to all of us....sorry, I couldn't give you my prediction for the game as I was traveling. I will going back to Dubai in couple of weeks and have happy and health summer!!

Blue for life!!

Chowman said...

So a Spartan buddy of mine put this on my radar, and I see a little buzz out there that Harbaugh is being pursued hard by the LA Chargers. I'm reading this on Chargers sites. Kind of makes sense, as Spanos would be the type of owner that would be a fit for Harbaugh.

Hays67 said...

GO BLUE GUYS! IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A WOLVERINE! Thank you Bob for your great coverage. I read the blog almost everyday. Keep up the great work,and HAIL to the Victors!

szanreno said...

Maybe Jim could go turn OSU around as Ryan Day is on the verge of being let go...

Goblu said...

Wonder if Jim will be ok without having full control - seems like he doesn’t seem like Jim and GM’s get along.

Rudy said...

Well, if Harbaugh goes to the Chargers….then the Chargers just got a new fan!

MichiganMan said...

Sanchez stop writing on this block. You be saying some dumb stuff

Donovan Edward should have been offensive MVP

Blue for life

Brady2017 said...

Guys, I told you we were going to win by 3 touchdowns! Whooo hoooo!!!

I came into work at noon today and put on 97.1 Big mistake. I didn't hear ONE positive word about Michigan. All hate, hate, hate. I will NEVER listen to that station ever again. Someone showed me how to listen to Ryan Ermani and Braylon Edwards on YouTube and would highly recommend them.