Thursday, June 27, 2024

Michigan Thursday: OL Commit Wins MVP at Rivals 5 Star Camp

Michigan OL instate commit Avery Gach doesn't do many camps because he has been committed to the Wolverines for many months.  He did show up at the Rivals 5-Star camp in Jacksonville, FL and shined.  Per Rivals:

There wasn’t a more competitive or animated offensive lineman than Gach at the event on Wednesday. He displayed great technique and functional strength as an interior offensive lineman but he has the tools to be able to line up as a tackle as well. He has an excellent frame and still has room to add mass at the next level. He’s plenty strong, patient as a pass blocker, and displayed exceptional lateral agility.

Avery was named the OL MVP.  As a reminder he is 6'5 and 290 pounds, who was expected to be guard in Ann Arbor.  With the above performance, maybe he could be a tackle. 

  • France wins the NBA Draft?
  • The Wagner's will both be competing for Team Germany in the Olympics again. 
  • Coach B calls Dusty, "Tireless"  - Which I love! 
  • Sauce Gartner says the only thing he has been addicted to is golf.  Hutch was also seen playing in the Rocket Mortgage PGA Pro-AM this week in Detroit. 
  • Former Michigan transfer commit Terrance Shannon went 27 last night to the Timberwolves. 
  • Tony Alford on why he left OSU for A2, “Nine years is like an eternity in the coaching profession. And so I was very fortunate for those nine years as I said earlier, but I just think it was time and I think it was time for them and Ryan Day and Ohio State, and it was time for Tony Alford,” Alford said. “And so it wasn’t I don’t think it was any one party saying screw you, it was never any of that. I think for both parties, I think we both knew it was just time and I can tell you I’m as happy as I’ve been in a long time.”“---- "As far as in my coaching profession, I really, really am in a good place,” Alford said. “I’m in a good place. Sherrone Moore and that staff have been nothing but open arms and kind and great to me and really good people — I mean unbelievable people. And then so for that I’m grateful for them for embracing me and bringing me in from the rival, if you will, and in the way that they have. And like I said, I just think was time for everyone involved. No, I know it was time for everyone involved. Not think, I know — here we are.

No comments: