Monday, December 17, 2007

Staff Questions

One of the big burning questions is who will come with Rich and who will stay on staff at Michigan. The Charleston Daily reports the following:

A team source said Magee and Gibson will join Rodriguez's staff in Ann Arbor, Mich., where Rodriguez was introduced this morning at a press conference. The source said Rodriguez is also interested in retaining defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Jeff Casteel, safeties coach Bruce Tall, associate head coach/special teams coordinator/tight ends coach Bill Stewart and strength and conditioning coordinator Mike Barwis.

Potentially Out: Debord, English, Szabo, Bedford and Moeller
Potentially in: Stripling, Loeffler, Jackson, and Campbell

The above is good news. I had hoped English could continue with the Defense.


Bill Martin Q & A: Here is an answer Bill gave to the A2 news about the search.

Obviously there was a lot of concern about why this process took so long - 28 days. You know, when you haven't replaced a coach in almost 40 years, I wasn't going to be rushed to make an early decision on this. I wanted to make absolutely certain we got the right coach for Michigan, so I took our time in this process. I didn't read anything any of you wrote. I didn't look at any blogs. I didn't pick up one newspaper. I simply focused on this process.

What? You didn't read Bighouseblog.com everyday? No wonder this search took so long. Come on Billy! :)

No comments: