Monday, February 9, 2009

Michigan Recruiting Never Sleeps: Welcome to 2010 and Welcome Jerald Robinson

Wasn't signing day just last Wednesday? Wouldn't you think, it's time for the coaches to relax a little, maybe take the kids to Disney World?

Nope! Recruiting never stops, no matter if it's trying to get walk-on's to fill depth needs or recruiting for the class of 2010. MgoBlog and Rivals are both reporting that 2010 Ohio WR Jerald Robinson is going to give his "verbal" commitment to the Wolverines today.

Could DRob end up throwing to JRob? It could happen!

Jerald is 6"3 185 and had 34 catches for 756 yards and 7 touchdowns as a junior at Canton South. He also played Safety and had 56 tackles, with 7 picks, and two forced and recovered fumbles. Mgoblog: "I play receiver and safety. I like receiver more, and that’s what the coaches are talking to me. I play the X receiver, so they want me there"

"I’m excited to meet new people, and to be out of the state of Ohio. I want to get out of Ohio and experience new things. Justin Turner told me that you meet a whole different family, and you can start a new life. That’s what I think I need"

Jearald's head coach, Moe Daniska; "He's always been a Michigan fan. He was hoping either Michigan, Ohio State or Michigan State - those were his top three choices - would offer. I think when Michigan was the first to offer, he just felt that it was the right move."

"He's one of our go to guys. He was one of only three starters we had go both ways," said Daniska. "He's a good size kid, about 6-2, 185 pounds, was a playmaker and difference maker for us. "He has good hands, good speed, goes up and attacks and gets the football. That's what separates him from a lot of guys."

Jearald is currently ranked in Rivals 250 to watch and is Michigan's 3rd verbal and 3rd WR in the class of 2010, which is off to a quick and outstanding start!

Enjoy his video!

No comments: