Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday's Thunderdome of Information

  • William Gholston, 2010 DE recruit from the state of Michigan had this recently to say, "My biggest offers are from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois and Notre Dame." "What's important to me is how comfortable I feel on campus, what the environment is like, and how I feel about the coaches. Like if I have a really good feeling about the coaches, I want to see if they can help me and do something with me. Academics and location don't really matter to me, because I think I can find what I want to major in at basically any school, and location is just not a factor at all." I added the bold and it doesn't look to good for the Wolverines who would be close to home and offer top flight academics. William is planning to attend Junior Day on the 13th of this month.


  • ESPN hints that Justin Boren might be OSU's best Offensive Lineman. Where did all those 5 star lineman go? That's right, sorry I all most forgot.


  • The OSU athletic department has revenues that equal about a $100 million more a year then Toledo's AD. To help that delta, the Toledo Athletic Department is charging a $100 cover charge for the Toledo-OSU game at Cleveland Browns Stadium next year. This charge will be on top of the regular ticket price. Which in turn, will create about $5 million for Toledo and only a $1 million or so for the Buckeyes. Boy, I'm sure glad I didn't have to pay $200 more to see Threet throw that 100 yard pick 6 last year.


  • Big House Hockey: It's happening and against Michigan State on Dec. 11, 2010. I can't wait to see the marching band, "take the field" on the ice. One scheduling conflict that no one is talking about is: What happens if Michigan makes the NCAA Football Playoffs that year and is hosting a home game? I know, that is one big conflict!


  • Do you want to follow Michigan Baseball? Well, Varsity Blue is a great place to get your fix. Michigan is currently 7-2 through their Florida swing and take on the Mets this Sunday.

No comments: