Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Gallon Completes His Work and Will Be a Wolverine

If you follow recruiting religiously, you knew that Michigan had 3 recruits from the 2009 class that were borderline making it academically. Justin Turner didn't walk with his senior class and it's believed he didn't take the Ohio HS exit exam seriously and didn't complete or failed one of the sections. Justin is a good student and it's hoped he can re-take the test and be in Ann Arbor sometime before August.

Second was a member of the all name team, Fitzgerald Toussaint a Ohio running back that took care of his issues late his senior year. So that leaves one super fast, slot WR from Florida Jeremy Gallon that needed to raise his GPA and get a couple of points on his ACT.

Mgoblog broke the story and I will let you read what JG had to say:

TOM: So, you qualified?
JEREMY: Yup.

TOM: What was the deciding factor?



JEREMY: I had to get a couple points on my ACT, and I had to boost my GPA. That was it mainly.

TOM: So that's all you needed to qualify?
JEREMY: Yup, Coach [Rod] Smith called me and said he had some good news. I checked the internet to see for myself, and I'm really happy.

TOM: So when are you going up to Ann Arbor?
JEREMY: Coach Smith is going to give me a call, and let me know. I just want to go up there and show everybody what I'm capable of.


That is good news. Now Justin needs to take care of his business (please Justin we need all the 5 star DB's we can get) and the Michigan Football Class of 2009 should be ready to go.


  • Michael Rothstein, A Notre Dame Columnist will be covering the Wolverines Basketball and Football programs for annarbor.com or formerly known as the Ann Arbor News. I am heading up to Michigan and specifically to Ann Arbor to join the staff of AnnArbor.com. While there, I'll be leading the coverage of Michigan men's basketball and helping out with Michigan football. That should be a pretty big change for Michael, going from Charlie Weis to Rich Rod, Jimmy Clausen to Tate Forcier, No conference (in football) to The Big Ten. I guess his focus will be mainly on Basketball. I wonder if his Irish Insights have any "inside information" on what Good Time Charlie eats?


  • Tony Jefferson, LB from California is trying to work out an official visit to Ann Arbor this summer.


  • This maybe more then we can handle but: Zoltan Mesko is a Playboy All American and will appear in the September issue. Zoltan at the Playboy mansion, interesting.........


  • Michigan recruiting brothers: Terry and Terrance Talbott from Huber Heights Wayne in Ohio. Terry is a heavily recruited DE and Terrance is a DB. Terry has offers from UCLA, Wisconsin, Purdue, Arkansas, UK, Illinois and others. Michigan has not offered either brother yet but they hope to take an unofficial to Ann Arbor this summer. Terry said, “They were really just saying they were interested, and they want me to come up there and take a look. It’s one school I definitely want to come up and check out ... and get a look at the Big House.”


  • Michigan still needs Running Backs to fill out the 2010 class: The focus seems to be on three players: Livonia Stevenson’s Austin White (6-0, 186), Miami Central’s Brandon Gainer (6-0, 194) and Miami Booker T. Washington’s Eduardo Clements (5-10, 185). All three running backs has Michigan in their top 5. With the loses of Grady, Minor, and Brown next year, Michigan needs at least 3 running backs in the 2010 class. They currently have one with the commitment of Texas RB Stephen Hopkins.

  • Per ESPN: MICHIGAN: Players report: Aug. 9, First practice: Aug. 10, First practice in pads: Aug. 14

No comments: