Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 1 Inmates Run the Big House: That Way I See It

The Way I See It

For those who feel and are rooting that Michigan and RichRod broke the rules, nothing a person can say will alter their minds because they want the demise of the program and RichRod and thats all that counts. My thinking here is that somebody at UM purposely leaked info and purposely did not do their jobs in an effort to get RichRod fired. As I think about this for a minute, I'm also pondering that UM may have been doing the same thing for 40+ years, in going about its business as usual with different head coaches. In other words, a coach like Carr, Mo and Bo, would have been shielded from any NCAA minor violations while those that want the demise of RichRod, not only was he not protected, but he was willfully exposed by someone that doesn't like him.

There has been a pattern of this on other things as well like, Dorsey, Feagin and it sure took some long and hard digging to find out about the grade thing. Meaning someone really wanted him to be wrong about having the highest GPA.

The way I see this, unless you want to hurt the program or the coach, this all could have been avoided with a couple of phone calls/emails/text and for that matter Twitter, if everybody was on the same page for the welfare of the program. It just seems to me there are media nightmares that could have been avoided if somebody had informed RichRod of what was going on. Now, I suppose some could say that RichRod should have known all of this, but if thats the case, why in the world would RichRod have kept the entire prior UM football staff? If I'm going to live or die, let me do it with people I know and trust. Instead, RichRod kept most people in place in the Compliance Department, with the exception of the coaching staff, what right now is bitting RichRod in the arsee right now? Well it is the people he kept in place in the Compliance Department. Really, one doesn't need a PHD only a GED and some street smarts to apply this concept to this notion that Gibson, Fry and Dews are just RichRod's WVU buddies. Like Harbaugh for the Baltimore Ravens (many ex Wolverine Coaches), you live and die with the people you trust. FWIW, all three of those guys have been lights out recruiters since they have been here and from the looks of the early offers, UM is picking it up a notch with the quality of recruits, for next year, rather than quanity of recruits this year. I just hope that now that we have the numbers, this becomes the trend for the future.

I guess if this was something that RichRod really messed up upon , I really don't doubt much at all that Brandon would have brought the hammer down. But he seemed adamant about RichRod's status as coach, and to me, that's as obvious as it gets that there was a breakdown internally. Like a good leader, RichRod fell on the sword, yet again and allowed the finger pointing directed at him, despite probably not being in the wrong, for the welfare of the program.

I guess I will close by saying, "compliance issues aren't new." RichRod has coached in D-1 football for 15 some odd years. He was a head coach for at least six of them and what I find odd is that WVU rose up and said "there was never an issue of complience at WVU, while RichRod was a grad assistant, assistant coach or head coach." While it is true that they may have been just covering their arce, they still said it. So there was obviously a breakdown internally, someone failed RichRod and the entire program. I hope Brandon weeds the people out internally that caused this problem and kills them at their roots."

That is how I see it

--- Rockie

No comments: