Friday, August 27, 2010

Michigan Friday: It's beginning to look a lot like Kickoff!

One more Friday left before kickoff.  This time next week OSU will have already played a game.  It's getting close!  8 days left equals Nick Sheridan days? Jonas Mouton days? or how about Michael Phelps days to kickoff?

  • Cullen Christian is going to see a lot of playing time this fall.  In this interview he discusses he needs to work on his tackling.  “The (biggest) thing I got to improve on… I’ve got to improve on my tackling,” said Christian. “Covering and learning and listening to what the coaches are saying and listening to their directions and the technique and things like that, all that is (already) improving. I think the (biggest) thing I’ve got to improve on is my tackling. Usually, when I miss a tackle it is mostly when the receiver catches a curl route or something like that, and I’m not knowing which way they are going to turn. I don’t know if I should just fly and try and hit him or break down when he’s not looking and try to make a tackle. That’s what I got to improve on, my tackling.”   Look for all freshmen CB's to play this year and play a lot. 

  • Matt Vogrich scored 22 points in a 80-74 win for the Michigan's Basketball Team in Europe.  This was Michigan's only win on a 1-3 trip. 

  • 2011 QB and current North Carolina verbal Marquise Williams might still visit Ann Arbor on October 9th with good friend Kris Frost. 

  • Michigan WR 2011 verbal Shawn Conway scored 3 TD's in his first high school game of the season. Two at WR and one kickoff return.
 
  • Former Wolverines greats Amani Toomer and Dan Dierdorf have joined the Big Ten Network.

2 comments:

High Sierra Howard said...

Conway actually scored 3 TDs; 2 TD catches and a kickoff return for a TD.

Bob said...

Thanks! I will update the post