Jimmy went on the Colin Cowherd show yesterday and it was one of the worst interviews I have ever heard. Cowherd was his usual self but Jimmy wasn't in the mood for an interview and it was very hard to listen to. Listen at your own risk
A couple of thoughts on why it was a disaster:
- Jimmy clearly is or isn't in the mood for these type of interviews, the people close to him should gauge that and make the decision to do it or cancel it. I hear he was very engaging the night before at the Tigers game.
- Cowherd starts the interview in comparing Jimmy to one of his hated rivals Pete Carroll. That is not a way to start an interview with Jim Harbaugh.
- Cowherd starts with a stupid question, before even saying hello, strike two.
- Strike three was a very poorly phased question that the "Big Ten was a buy", what he meant was a league on the rise - like buying a stock, not a bye week. I was confused when I heard the question as well.
Cowherd being a radio blowhard is on him.
My take on it? I could care less if my coach is great in front of the media and does or doesn't want to do interviews. We have had two coaches that did a good job on the radio in RR and Hoke but sucked on the field. I will take a guy that lives and breathes football and doesn't have time for the Cowherd's of the world as long as he puts up W's each week on the field, with the team and during recruiting.In my experience of participating in interviews, I've found it takes 2 to produce a clunker! I'll take 50% responsibility 4 this clunker.— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) July 1, 2015
- Nik Stauskas got traded to the 76'ers. Let's hope he gets some minutes with them. Sacramento is a mess anyway, so going from one mess to another shouldn't be a big deal. He might get a chance to play with GR3 again if he can stick with them.