Let's take a look at facts and coaches speak to determine if he is really going to play this weekend.
- Started at Nickel
- Made a couple tackles
- Got undercut and limped off with an apparent ankle injury - didn't seem to turn it - might have gotten kicked?
- Went back into the game
- Returned a punt
- Didn't play after that
Hoke on Saturday: "He'll be alright. I'll be honest with you, at halftime just decided not to bring him out the second half. It's not a life-[threatening] injury or anything. He'll be ready next week."
Hoke on Monday:
With Jabrill [Peppers], it didn’t look like he came out in the second half. What was the reason for that and this week are you going to limit him at all?
“He’s been in there all morning getting treatment. We haven’t started school yet. We decided- I made a decision at half time because they could start treating it right then not to come out in the second half. You know, [instead of being] in a boot on the sideline start the process of healing. So we’re excited and we’ll evaluate every day but he’s working hard to get better.”
So with Jabrill would you say he’s a question mark for Saturday?
“I don’t think it’ll be a question mark. I think he’ll be ready to play.”
I think he is probably 60/40 not playing on Saturday. I don't like the term "boot" and they kept him in the locker room the entire second half of his first college football game. Neither sign is positive in him playing this weekend.
Wolverines Who Didn't Make an NFL Team this Weekend
- Jeremy Gallon didn't make the Patriots mostly due to injuries
- Ryan Mallet got traded for a 7th round draft pick, which seemed like a steal. I can only assume the Patriots were going to cut him.
- Mario Mannigham is done for the year with another leg injury.
- Big Will got cut by the Jets
- Fitz got cut by the Ravens
- Kovacs by the Dolphins
Rumor Mill: There is an internet rumor that there is a Michigan LB with an injury that will keep him out of the lineup for 6 weeks. We don't have a name yet.
Michigan is getting 4.5 points on Saturday
MSU is getting almost two touchdowns at 13.5 points. That seems like a ton of points.