I am damn proud how the defense played during this game. Turning the ball over 4 times, you don't deserve to win and they didn't.
Here are my conclusions on the game/season:
- Brady Hoke and Greg Mattison can coach the heck out of some defense.
- Brady Hoke has no idea what the hell is going on with the offensive unit.
- Big Al Borges did about the worst possible job he could have in the second half. Those play calls were absolutely terrible. He would not have a job on my team if I was the head coach.
- When did Big AL start thinking, Michigan could run from the tailback position and the Michigan offensive line could run block? That great strategy must of come to him at half-time.
- The Wolverines gave this game away with 4 turnovers.
- OSU is a decent team but they are not as good as their record would indicate
- Frank Clark had a huge day.
- Can someone explain to me why they didn't kick the ball deep after Denard scored on his long run in the first half? Just mark that down as another stupid coaching decision.
- The 4th down at mid-field on the first drive of the second half was another stupid decision. It cost Michigan a time out and you run it into the strongest part of OSU's defense. Your not playing freaking Iowa! It also turned the momentum in the game. Well done, guys.
All is not lost, these Wolverines will have one more game in Florida, most likely the Capital One Bowl in Orlando. OSU will be home for the holiday because of the coach they carried off the field in the first half.
It's hard not to think that some real bad coaching decisions cost Michigan a place in Indy next week. I think it's time for Michigan fans to stop giving Brady Hoke a pass for being the guy after Rich Rod. We would be calling for Lloyd's head with a 4 loss season.