Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Michigan Tuesday: Andrew David Kicks Off The 2015 Recruiting Class



Michigan has landed their first verbal commitment to the 2015 class and it's place kicker Andrew David from Massillon, OH.

Per his HS coach: "Andrew went up there and kicked in front of them a few weeks ago," Hall told the Canton Repository. "Typically, kickers don't get offered until before their senior season. This is before Andrew's junior season. He's one of the best kickers in his class in the country, if not the best in the country. I know he's a huge Michigan fan. This is a dream come true for him."

"When I went up there a few weeks ago, they had me kicking off the ground, college style," David said. "I hit from 50 yards a couple times. Then I kicked off a couple of times. They came to a couple of my better games, one was against Fitch when I had five touchbacks and a field goal. I think that I'm already kicking off the ground a year before most of the other elite kickers do it, Michigan coaches saw a lot of upside in me and room to grow and get better."

It was time to offer a scholarship to a kicker and I thought maybe there was an outside chance (if a few spots opened up) in the 2014 class they would offer one.  The coaches didn't want to use one in 2014 but they jumped on the opportunity to offer Andrew in the 2015 class.

Stats:

  • 6-of-11 on field goals of 40 yards the last two years
  • 56 of 61 PAT kicks last year
  • 74 kickoffs- 31 went for touchbacks

Don't forget that OT Jamarco Jones is announcing on Thursday.  I haven't heard much buzz, which probably means an OSU commitment.

No comments: