The recruiting dead/quiet period started on Monday. The NCAA allows recruits to take some time off from recruiting during this time. It runs for a month from December 16th to January 15. Here is what the coaches can and can't do during this time:
- No official visits
- No coaches face to face visits (in home, at school or even if the recruit comes to a bowl practice)
- Can't watch the players compete
- Tickets to the bowl game
- No hundred dollar hand shakes
- Can't take delivery of a new Lexus
- No UPS packages full of 20 dollar bills
- Emails and written letters to recruits
- One phone call a week
- Recruit can call the coaches any time and as much as they like
- Un-official visits but can't meet with the coaches
- Does David Brandon have a man crush on Jerry Jones or what? Michigan will play Florida in Dallas again in 2017. It will be their first game of the year on September 2nd. I just don't understand these games and I believe it really hurts season ticket holders. I would much rather see a home/home contract with the Gators.
- Trey Burke had his best night as a pro last night, scoring 30 against the Magic.
- Stanford upset #10 UConn last night. They play Michigan on Saturday night in Brooklyn. Great time for the Cardinal to get hot.
- Mark Dantonio could be a candidate for the Texas job and would 100% take it if offered but until then he will say things like this: "I see Michigan State as a destination, not a stop," Dantonio said. "That's how I see it. Flattering, but that's how I see it."
- Arkansas State hires UNC OC Blake Anderson as their new head coach. This is their 5th head coach in 5 years. This seems to be a great stop if you want a high profile job next year. The last three coaches have gone on to head coaching jobs at Ole Miss, Auburn, and Boise State.