Sunday, December 28, 2014

Wolverine Weekend Update: The Race For Jimmy - The Last Leg

image
Today is a very important day in securing Jimmy's service.    Everybody and their brother on the Michigan side of the business are now confirming Jimmy to Michigan is going to happen.   I'm in the camp that it's going to happen as well but I'm also a guy that is still a little nervous until Jimmy is a G5 flying to Ann Arbor on Monday.

The NFL guys like Rapoport and Schefter are reporting that teams like Oakland and maybe the Jets or Bears will take their best shot at landing Jimmy after today's game.  NFL teams have to wait for two things to happen before they can contact Jim and the 49'ers: one is wait until the season is over and two ask for permission from the 49'ers, as he is still under contract.  

Michigan has DeBord and another guy on the ground today in San Fran to make sure things don't go sideways at the very last minute and get him on a plane back to A2 ASAP.    Most Michigan Insiders believe that Jimmy has given a strong verbal and will be in Ann Arbor for a Tuesday press conference.   Jimmy is also expected to tell his team today that he is leaving.  

There are no secrets in the NFL.  So I believe Jim's agent already knows what the other teams plan to offer.   So at this point it seems very likely that Jimmy comes home.   I just don't trust a wildcard like the Oakland Raiders that might do something stupid and make him an offer he can't refuse. 

Today is an important day which could include: separation from the 49'ers, trade offers, and NFL contracts offers.   There are still reports flying around that Jimmy did verbally accept the Michigan job last time and changed his mind the last minute.   I feel great about where Michigan stands at this point and would be shocked if he didn't come home, but I will believe it a 100% when he is flying to Willow Run on a private jet.  

Big Day!

1 comment:

In Harbaugh we trust said...

Like u brother I'm confident in everything I read....even my wife is telling me to relax....this morning woke up to rapp and shefty both clearly talking about Jimmy not official....so I also worry this leaking out could all be leverage but the nightmare of the Michigan brain trust coming home without Jimmy is a vision I don't wanna think about....let's hope Tuesday is a BIG DAY