Monday, August 10, 2015

Michigan Monday: Would Love To Spend Thanksgiving in the Bahamas

Michigan will get to play in the Atlantis Basketball tournament this coming Thanksgiving.   They will open against UConn and there is a bunch of other good teams:

Events subPage b4Ateams
Battle 4 site

Sounds like this could be a fun tournament!  There isn't an easy game on that board. 

  • Since the football team has gone in a bunker the news and notes out of Fall Camp isn't exactly coming done the pipe.  Let's hope the boys stay healthy as possible during camp as they get back to work.  Here is a good article on the Kevin Tolbert the new S&C guy on how some guys are in the best shape of their life.   Kalis:  “I feel the best I ever have,” offensive lineman Kyle Kalis said. “I went from 18-percent body fat to 14-percent body fat this offseason. My speed’s gone up, my agility has gone up, (and) my strength. I went from 295 (pounds) last season and I’m 306 right now. I’m feeling the best I ever have, (and) mentally the best I ever have, confident, and that’s the key.”  Derrick Green: “I’m faster, stronger, more elusive,” Green said.

  • Some Injury News:  It sounds like LB is one of those guys that is always dealing with injuries,  he told Rivals he will miss some of the season.  "I'm still recovering right now from my stuff," said McCray, who did not want to get into the specifics of his injury. "My goal is to be back as soon as possible, but I don't know when that will be. My job right now is to learn the playbook and be a good teammate and help the guys out as much as I can."  You then start to wonder if he is heading towards a medical hardship wavier:  "I talked to my parents and my coaches - Coach [DJ] Durkin has kept me motivated," McCray said. "He told me they're not giving up on me, and to keep fighting to get back, so I've been coming out to 7-on-7s and doing everything I can to stay part of the team, and my teammates have been helping me out with that a lot too."

  • RIP to Frank Gifford who many of us grew up listening to on Monday Night Football. He also of course shared a booth with Michigan legend Dan Dierdorf for many years. 

  • Michigan recruit J.D. Spielman, wide receiver and return man from Eden Prairie (Minn.) has named a top five of Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State and Michigan.  Most believe he will pick between Minnesota and Nebraska.   With Michigan's class size and WR's still in play, I can't imagine they are recruiting JD very hard at this point in the cycle. 

 

No comments: