I mentioned last week that Brad Hawkins had not enrolled yet and was the only 2016 signed player that wasn't in Michigan's student directory. A recent article that awarded Brad as the Courier-Post New Jersey Athlete of the year, stated that Brad was heading to Michigan this past weekend. That didn't happen. From Mlive:
Hawkins' high school coach at Camden, Dwayne Savage, confirmed that Hawkins is not in school yet as he's still awaiting clearance from the NCAA Clearinghouse -- now known as the NCAA Eligibility Center. Savage said that Hawkins still plans on playing football at Michigan this season and hopes to have his clearance at some point toward the middle of July.
- RIP Buddy Ryan and Pat Summit, a tough day for sports legends.
- Peppers tweeted that he ran a 4.34 yesterday!
- We are in a dead recruiting period, no visits on of off campus.
- Nike's Opening coming up in 9 days
- Ryan Glasgow who injured himself in week 10, says he is about 95% back from the injury. Sounds like he will be ready for camp in a month.
- NFL.com has a college players to watch list up. Coming in as the #2 WR is our own Jehu Chesson. Jake Butt is the #2 TE.