Scheduling college football games are difficult. An AD will schedule games 5 to 10 years out. You have no idea what kind of program your going to get when you schedule these games in the future.
UCF had a nice little run but are struggling now, Colorado was set up when the PAC 12 and Big 10 were trying to have some type of pre-conference partnership. That partnership lasted a couple of weeks before it was blown up.
When you schedule Hawaii, you pretty much know what your going to get. I don't see any reason for Rainbow Warriors to ever have to play a road game. (I know they have been budget strained in the Athletic Department and probably need the payday in A2).
The kickoff times for these two games were announced yesterday:
University of Central Florida at noon.
Colorado at 3:30.
Michigan will have two noon kickoffs to start the season.
- Mgoblog does a nice write up on the WR's and DB's at Sound Mind and Body. To recap it: Ambry Thomas is a very good DB. Yes, Please! Michigan seems to be trending in the right direction with Thomas and Jaylen Kelly-Powell.
- 2017 Prospects LB Nathan Proctor & DT Jaylen Twyman will visit A2 this weekend. They're on a bus visiting with 32 prospects visiting many major programs.
- Desmond will be a guest speaker at the Michigan Aerial Assault QB camp.
- Jimmy wore a JJ Watt jersey at the Houston camp yesterday.
- Dhani Jones is co-hosting a new show on NBC called
The Spartan Ultimate Team Challenge. I guess the Wolverine Team Challenge as already taken! :)