Since we are officially out of the Sub and game week, I wanted to give you the last post on Sub buzz on what I have heard from a couple of places. Again, these are rumors and not fact:
- Drake Johnson is banged up. We are not clear on the injury (or if it was from the Forklift incident) but it might keep him out a few games. This now really opens the door for Evans if accurate. Smith #1, Isaac #2, Evans #3. There is also some buzz that Higdon has had a couple of injury issues as well and has missed a large part of camp.
- Kareem Walker is not in the mix right now and could be on transfer watch. As we know he had an "issue" early in camp and were not sure it's fully been resolved.
- The 3 freshman WR's have done very well and should see the field this year: McDoom, Johnson and Crawford. I like Johnson and McDoom in the Slot, I like Crawford as an outside WR. BTW: Crawford could be sporting #1 (his roster number) on game day. That would be something. Some freshman numbers will be changing this week, as some may have qualified for special teams and there can't be anyway the same number would be on the field at the same time.
- Hawaii asked for Michigan's scrimmage tape, Jimmy declined.
- Beyer, Wilson, Ross, and Kerridge all made the first cuts by the NFL this week.
- We still haven't seen at depth chart and not sure we are going to get one before Saturday.