We are two days away from National Signing Day and Michigan is still in it for a number of high profile recruits. Jimmy also welcomed a number of preferred Walk-On's prospects this weekend and there were a couple of commits. Let's take a look at where thing are trending for Michigan's top prospects first.
Aubrey Solomon - Many of the Michigan insiders still feel Michigan is the choice. I'm not sure anyone has let Aubrey know. He continues to say that Alabama leads, which could be a fake out or maybe he loves that hurricane simulator like DeShawn Hand. Sam Webb still thinks he ends up in Ann Arbor. This could be a Mike Weber situation, so we need to keep a close eye on this one. He will commit at 10:00 on ESPNU.
Nico Collins: He visited Georgia this past weekend and some Georgia insiders came away with predicting that Nico was heading to Michigan. Seems the latest trend has Nico staying with his favorite and leader for most of his recruitment. Sounds like Jimmy and Coach Hamilton had a big impact in their last visit. Let's hope he stays with his heart and goes Maize and Blue on Wednesday. He will announce at 2:00 on Wednesday.
Oliver Martin: Was in A2 this weekend and there isn't a ton of visit reaction yet. Many still expect that Oliver's heart is still in Ann Arbor and that he will end up Maize and Blue over ND on Wednesday. This could be one of the best WR classes ever in Ann Arbor if Nico and Oliver are both Blue.
Willie Gay: He likes LSU and mom likes Michigan and Miss State. I'm guessing he will stay close to home and picks Mississippi State. If he wants to get away from home and mom won't let him go to LSU, then Michigan has a chance. Don't hold your breath on this one.
Ifeatu Melifonwu - It seems both sides are considering if they want to move forward. Michigan hasn't officially offered yet and could be looking at what the numbers are going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he got offered and committed on Tuesday or Wednesday. This might be a situation where he waits to sends in his Syracuse LOI until Wednesday afternoon.
- DT Jay Tufele - unless its a huge surprise, Jay will stay out West.
- OL Mekhi Becton seems to be heading to VA Tech.
Now lets look at some of the Preferred Walk-On's that are most likely heading to Michigan:
- Saline linebacker/fullback Tyler Plocki, he will play FB at Michigan. He is 6'1 and 215 pounds.
- Mt. Pleasant 6'3 290 pounds OG Sean Fitzgerald committed as well. Sean had a scholarship offer to the Air Force Academy.
- Divine Child WR/S Evan Latham also committed. He is 6'3 and 191 pounds.
- New update: Pittsburgh Safety Jack Young a 6'2 185 pound Safety, was committed to play for Columbia.
- More: FL TE Chris Hanlon and MI LB Adam Fakih.