There were two prospects that Michigan wanted if signing day didn't go 100% their way. The first was Syracuse DB commit Ifeatu Melifonwu. The day before signing day, he decided not to risk a spot at Syracuse on NSD and re-committed to the Orangeman. The other guy that Michigan was interested in was Westerville, OH punter Brad Robbins. Brad was committed to Nevada but received an offer on NSD and accepted. Yesterday, he signed his LOI and faxed it to Ann Arbor.
Here is Brad's information:
- He is 6'2 and 180 pounds
- He averaged 41 yards per punt
- Rated the #1 punter in the US by Kornblue Kicking
- Listed as the No. 3 punter in the nation by ProKicker.com
- Ranked as Kohl's Kicking's No. 4 punter in the nation
He is rated as a 2 star prospect from 24/7. If Brad is consistent in Fall Camp, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't walk into the starting punter role.
- I don't know if I mentioned it here, but Curt Mallory is now the head coach at Indiana State, the fighting Larry Birds. He just hired Roy Roundtree as their WR coach. Congrats to Roy and maybe he can use some Snake Oil to flip a few WR's on the recruiting trail. :)
- Wisconsin hired former player Jim Leonhard has their DC
- Recruiting is now officially in the "quiet period" which means no in-person contact, unless it's on campus. Coaches can hit the road again on April 15th.
- Michigan has offered 2018 TX 4 star RB Keaontay Ingram.