Thursday, June 28, 2018

Michigan Thursday: Basketball Has A Big Time Prospect On Campus

Michigan's Basketball program is hosting 2019 5 Star point guard DJ Carlton on campus on Wednesday and Thursday.  Michigan offered a month ago and DJ is very interested in the Wolverines:


“The most significant factors in the choice are just… getting me to my future,” Carton said. “Who can develop me the most (to) become NBA ready, winning, and just the relationships. I want a team that I can call my brothers and stuff like that… that I can go back in like 60 years from now and still know those guys and still talk to them. So, I want my team to feel family-like, and get me to my dream.”
“What I like about Michigan is they’re a very successful team and I feel like Coach Beilein is one of the best coaches in college basketball,” Carton added. “He’s really good at developing guards. They’ve had a lot of guards come through Michigan and stuff like that, and then they win. I want to win in college. I want to be successful and I want to help my team win. So, I feel like they have a really good chance of putting me in a spot to be able to win, play good numbers and good minutes, and help me individually as a player for my future.”


After DJ's visit to Ann Arbor, he will head down to IU and check them out for two days.   Then the AAU season and dead period starts, so he is planning a Fall announcement. 


  • Yesterday, I mentioned that that Michigan would like to add another RB to the 2019 class.  The one that seems to be tops on their board is 4 star RB from Tenn. Eric Gray.  He has over 20 offers and seems to have boiled down his tops schools to Michigan, PSU, Alabama, Stanford, Ole Miss, Miss State, Texas A&M, and Tennessee.   On a side note, another 4 star RB committed to Alabama on Wednesday, which seems like a positive sign for the Wolverine chances. 


No comments: