Thursday, March 26, 2020

Michigan Thursday: 2 Commits 1 Day

Michigan Football needed a bit of good news.   Players have been leaving for the NFL Draft and other programs while the Alabama and OSU losses still sting a bit.   Michigan hasn't addressed any DT deficiencies through the transfer portal and recruiting has been quiet, as its class starts to dip into the 30's for overall ranking.   Spring Football is cancelled, the season could be delayed, and the Virus keeps progressing.

So Wednesday was a good day on the recruiting trail.

First off Greg Crippen a 4 star OL from IMG committed.  Greg has been committed to ND for about a year before de-committing a few weeks ago.  He is 6'4 and 285 pounds and Michigan really likes him at center.   All recruiting sites consider Greg a OG and a top 15 OG in the country.

Michigan needs offensive lineman and one with IMG's coaching is always a good get.  Greg is a strong 4 star and could come in a play very early at the center position.

Greg visited for the MTSU game and was planning to get back to Ann Arbor before the Virus hit. Greg had offers from Bama, Auburn, Duke, Ohio State, ND, Pitt, USC and others.

Welcome Big Man!

Next is an under the radar DE/DT from NJ named Dominick Giudice who is a 3 star and barley rated by the services.  He was offered yesterday and committed to his dream school.   DG had offers from the likes of the Air Force, Army, Ball State, and Buffalo.

“I’m pretty fired up right now,” Giudice said. “I’m so pumped up. Michigan has always been my dream school growing up as a little kid. Since I was five years old, I’ve been working for this. I am so fired up.”  “I was always watching them and seeing that they were a hard-nosed program, just getting after it,” he said. “That’s how describe myself as a player. I saw myself fitting there and I always worked to be able to play for them.”
“Right now they are telling me they can use me as either a strong side defensive end or inside as a 3-tech,” Giudice said. “They are just going to see where they are going to mold me to play. I can play either.”
“I always pride myself in my motor and that I am relentless on the field,” Giudice said. “I am always chasing the ball. No matter what happens, I am always chasing the ball. I like my violence and intensity on the field is also something I show. I always want to smash somebody in the mouth, like I was saying before.

“My hand speed and violence is something I pride myself on and I am always working on that.”

  • Tyree Kinnel comes off a mini XFL season and signs with the Steelers. 

  • Michigan now has the 17th ranked 2021 recruiting class

No comments: