Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Michigan Tuesday: Detroit Day

Tomorrow is Detroit Day for Michigan Football recruiting, as visits are now back in business and prospects are going to be checking out a ton of schools this month.  Wednesday is a special day for players in the Detroit metro area and should be well attended by the following: 

  • 5 star commit Will Johnson from Grosse Pointe
  • 4 star commit Tay'Shawn Trent East Detroit 
  • 3 star commit Devonte Miles from River Rouge 
  • 4 star Dillon Tatum Athlete from West Bloomfield (also from West Bloom):
    • 4 star LB Mike Williams 
    • 2023 OL Amir Herring 
    • 2023 Semaj Morgan 
    • 2024 DL Brandon Davis-Swain
    • 2024 LB Kari Jackson
  • 2024 WR Nick Marsh from River Rouge
  • 3 star DL Deon Walker from Cass Tech also
    • 3 star OG Jackson Pruitt
    • 2023 DL Jalen Thompson
  • 4 star WR Antonio Gates Jr. from Dearborn Fordson
  • 3 star CB Jeremiah Caldwell from Belleville
  • 2023 RB Cole Cabana from Dexter 
  • Dante Moore from Detroit King and CJ Carr who just lost his grandmother are not expected to attend due to conflicts. 
  • Speaking of Will Johnson he is going to take a visit to USC next week.  That is a bit scary but Will seems to be very committed to Maize and Blue even though the sunshine and ocean can be a strong pull. 
  • USC true freshman DT transfer Jay Toia said this about his transfer:  

"A week ago today I made one of the toughest decisions in my young life as a 17 year old … I entered the transfer portal from my childhood dream school USC Trojans,” Toia wrote. “The 2020 pandemic was tragic to so many that lost so much. For me and especially my parents we felt forced to make a major decision signing with USC based on limited information because of COVID-19 restrictions.  

“We were not able to take any official or unofficial visits to any of the other schools on our short list such as Michigan, Utah, UCLA, Miami, among others. I as well as my family are truly thankful for the USC staff and students for all the support this past semester.”  

"Although I earned all A’s last semester at USC as an early enrollee and worked myself into the 1s and (2-deep) rotation during spring ball 2021 … we as a family felt it was important to really take a closer look at my options regarding my short-term and long-term future. I have major respect for USC but I owe it to myself and my family to reevaluate my current situation.”

Yes Please! Reports are Michigan is still very interested in this talented DT.

No comments: