Thursday, December 13, 2012

Deadspin Article on Clarett

Deadspin today has an excerpt from the new book by Monte Burke called:  4th and Goal: One Man's Quest to Recapture His Dream.

The book is about Joe Moglia, the former CEO of TD Ameritrade who quit his job to coach football.  He got a job coaching UFL's Omaha Nighthawks, who signed Maurice Clarett after he got out of prison.


One of the unique things Joe Moglia did was to have each player talk about his life during team meals.  The stuff that came out of Clarett's mouth was believable and un-believable at the same.

The article includes how he was planning on murdering the guy that he robbed and this..........

He was a hard worker in practice and in games. But off the field, he was living a completely different life. "I took golf, fishing, and softball as classes," Clarett says. "Away from class, anything you can think of I did in my 13 months at Ohio State." Drugs and women were two of the things. Cars were another—he owned three of them at a time, including a brand-new Cadillac and Lexus. "I was living the NFL life in college," he says. "I got paid more in college than I do now in the UFL."

I guess Columbus has the third professional football team in Ohio. 

This article is a must read.

1 comment:

uncle ron said...

NCAA never did get into the real crap in Columbus...imagine that.