Monday, July 16, 2018

Michigan Monday: DJ Goes To OSU

When I was growing up in Ann Arbor my family would get DJ's Pizza on Packard once a week or so.  I have no idea if they are still even in business now but it was a good day when DJ's Pizza was at the door with a hot pie.

DJ Carton is a 5 star PG that was leaning towards Michigan and had recently cut his list to include Michigan, Indiana, and OSU.  Many insiders believed it was a Michigan vs IU battle since he hadn't visited Columbus yet.   This past weekend, he visited Ohio State and committed to the Buckeyes.    I guess you can say, he didn't deliver his commitment to the Wolverines.  

  • Michigan is now in the top 8 for another 4 star guard named Rocket Watts (who has to be explosive right?).   Michigan is in his top 8 with Michigan State, Louisville, Florida State, UConn, Xavier, Oregon, and Missouri.

  • During the Big Ten and Big Ten Tournament, I was very impressed on how well big man Isaac Haas played for Purdue. He was such a large human at 7'2 that I nicknamed him "Andre the Giant".   I didn't think he was a lottery pick for the NBA, but I thought he would be a late round 1 or early round 2 guy.   I know he hurt himself in the NCAA Tournament, but I still thought his upside for the NBA was still pretty strong.   Well, the big man didn't get drafted and signed a Summer League contract with the Utah Jazz.  The big man averaged 15 minutes a game but only 3 points.   He is going to struggle to find a contract and probably heading to the G League or overseas. I was wrong on that one!   



No comments: